Flashlight passaround ....what do members think about sending a box of lights to various members to try .?

I don't trust Germans ...lol. They always try to modify lights just for the reason of modification and every single one of them has a whole machine park in the basement (lathe,drill...) . You send them an Ultrafire C8 and you get back a 4Sevens XM18 clone... those bastards.

LOL! :D

I want the box after fishinfool.

I think skilhunt participated in one at the other side. maybe he'll chime in and get this started. sent pm

LOL I better start stocking up on chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

There are people on here that do bad things to lights. Something about overdriving and dry ice. though it would be funny if they lights came back modded.

At the root of it, I think this is a good idea. (It has a bunch of bother at the front end, getting it all together, but then it can pretty much run its course with only minor maintenance.)

The thing that jumps out at me is that it's the manufacturers that stand to benefit most from this adventure, so I'd make them provide lights. It'd start with just a few, then as mfrs sent more along, then the early ones would get bumped out of the box and maybe put into a charity draw. Or maybe if 5 got bumped out, they could go tour Europe and then be disposed of in Don's garden.

It's a good idea.

I don't think I would want to participate (yet), but I would love to see how it goes for other members.

I modded and raced a loaner car once. :)

Was it a hertz shelby ??

Nah, but it did run fourteens at over 90 :)

I can't say more due to the statute of limitations.

I heard about a person that used to hire cars the same model as his so he could swap parts, like gearboxes etc....

I've been known to show restraint and not mod a light before... (well, sorta....) Tongue Out