Flipper Knife MG brand Blitzwing "Lightning" someone tried it ?

If you post a comment with your google account I can only see your public profile (without your e-mail address).

at attach the links so I may see them?

This is the clone I have been considering to buy, supposed to be “VG-10” steel but maybe it is not, there is also a cheaper “D2” steel version…

Here is another clone that also looks awesome and comes in S35VN

And yet another one, this one is supposed to be S35VN and titanium frame…

Decisions… decisions…

Those clones do look absolutely fantastic. And I don’t doubt the Chinese can buy the high end steel that they can’t make themselves. I’ve never seen a VG10 knife not made in Japan, but what would stop them from buying some from the Japanese? It makes sense because the Chinese are much better machinists than they are metallurgists, where the Japanese have forgotten more about steel than most will ever know.

But how do I know for sure what I’m getting? How do I know it’s not a failed batch of VG10 they bought off the Japanese for cheap? How do I know it’s truly S35V? I can kind of tell if a blade is legit after lots of daily use and a few sharpening sessions, but these steels have precise chemical compositions. How would I know if they left a little vanadium out?

Yeah. They look beautiful but that’s too risky for my blood. I guess I like my cheap knives cheap :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the eye candy in this thread.

Is , does the Japanese government forbid selling VG-10 to other countries? Could some of the “CLAIMED ”VG-10 steel e some that didn’t meet spec? I’m not trying to stir the pot.i am also curious as when I was at a Cabelas in Phoenix I asked the sales man in the knife department about VG-10 blades and he said only knives made in Japan used it and that it was forbidden to sell out side of Japan, I don’t is this really true?

I’m just saying it’s theoretically possible for Chinese knife makes to get steel they themselves can’t make. Somewhere I read a quote from SanRenMu saying they could get plenty of steel make high end knives but didn’t think anyone would buy them. You wouldn’t buy a Bentley from Walmart (or Ali Express), and I think that’s the gist of the problem—reputation. How do I know the VG10 in my Delica is legitimate? The answer is because Spyderco is consistently awesome, and so is Amazon prime. I can predict with (mostly) boring certainty what I’m getting. But having said all that, I wouldn’t rule out anything where these big factories are concerned. Didn’t Ali Express just set a record for their IPO? I don’t think it’s too far fetched they have the money to get their hands on whatever they want.

At least one other Chinese manufacturer uses VG-10. Their other knives use AUS8 and S35VN.
Kizer Damascus VG-10

If Kizer can access it then other Chinese manufacturers can as well.

From the Zizer Company website —

COMPANY
KIZER imports the materials from the USA and Japan.
KIZER is committed to design and manufacture world-class knives
Kizer Knives uses:
High grade materials
High quality workmanship
High speed CNC Milling machines
Wire EDM cutting tools.

Our professional grade knives are our pride and joy.
Kizer uses high tech wire EDM machines to cut our parts. This is a slower method than laser or water jet but we feel quality is worth waiting for.

Each component in Kizer knives are precision machined and engineered to the finest tolerances. The final fit, finish, action, and sharpness of each knife is achieved entirely by hand, employing the irreplaceable craftsmanship developed by generations of cutler masters.
Dedicated craftsman honoring the long term goal of making the best knives possible is what we bring to you.

I’ll agree with your comment about almost preferring a well heat treated 8Cr13MoV to an unknown heat treat on a relatively rare to China steel like D2. On the fakes that I look for the blade steel is usually quite honestly listed as 3Cr, 5Cr or 8Cr13MoV, even 9Cr18MoV on others. I actually like 8Cr13MoV, it’s a good budget steel and the Chinese know the heat treat to give it.
I usually look to spend about $15 - $30 on an AliExpress knife and I’ve been genuinely surprised by the high quality of the knives that I’ve bought, all so far have had blades sharp and centred, firm lock-up and no play in any direction. I’m sure that the originals are made of better materials but I’ve bought the knock off’s knowing that I’m likely to get a piece of junk, and have absolutely no intention of selling them on, not even as fakes! I’m happy with the quality for the money I’ve paid, I hope you will be happy with your AFCK clone.

Just found a US dealer for Kizer. It would seem that they are the real deal w/ prices to match ZT, Spyderco, etc.

http://www2.knifecenter.com/brand/427/Kizer-Cutlery

If I were going to spend that kind of $$ I’d look at a U.S. made brand.

If you’re buying something like a Kevin John advertised with S35N or Sandvik steel then I’m reasonably confident that that is what it is. Skytrooper is, to the best of my knowledge, correct in that the makers of VG-10 steel will not export it.

I think VG-1 is similar in that all Cold Steel’s folders with VG-1 are made in Japan also. The cost differential is why most of their folders are now made of AUS8 in Taiwan. They seem to be switching to American steels though with Carpenter BD-1 and XHP steels looming on the horizon. The knives will still be made in Taiwan of course.

I could understand that in the U.S.A. but in the U.K. with import duty and taxes American made knives are a lot more expensive to us.
Spyderco for instance, Military is £144 - $235…………Paramilitary 2 is £112 - $182
Zero Tolerance Hinderer 0550 is £185 - $300

Kizers range from £85 - $138 to £200 - $325 so they are well placed and with usually better materials.

The $15 - $30, £9 - £18 fakes are very appealing, to me anyway.
I also collect Enlan and SanRenMu knives, these are my main focus.

I laughed so hard at this that it brought tears to my eyes :party:

Regarding real Chinese fakes, I’d buy an OTF as a novelty toy since the real ones are absurdly priced. At 30$ for fake Microtech its the highest I’d pay for a knife that I can confirm nothing about. Considering the real thing is a piece of junk, albeit priced at 300+$ according to a dealer that used to sell them - I’d expect nothing much from the Chinese one.
In the same vein I bought a 5$ butterfly knife stamped Benchmade, even though I don’t think it resembles any Benchmade ever made. Flipped it a bit, now it sits in a drawer. Pot metal. Waste of money really, but boys will be boys.

Sorry for the delay, I’ve just noticed your request, the links are on here but I’ll look them out for you, prices might have changed but there are quite a few selling each knife now. The first three I have and the second three I’m waiting on delivery.

Medford Praetorian Clone

Brous Blades Reloader Clone

The Military that I bought is no longer available at the “store” that I bought from but there are plenty from other sellers, this one looks like a good one.
Military clone

All the knives supplied were defect free, good solid construction. I use the Military nearly every day for food prep.
They are better than I expected and are all worth the price, ignore the claims for the blade steel and you’ll find you have very good value knives. That was my first purchase of any clone and all three went well.

There are three more on their way but I expect that it will be a couple of weeks yet.
They are -
Paramilitary clone in blue G10

Military in Digicam

Strider clone

Some weren’t still available but there are plenty of options. Maybe I got lucky on the three I picked, the first three were from recommendations on this forum, the second three my own choices, picked for the lowest price options. Some even had believable steels - 9Cr18MoV on the Paramilitary, 8Cr13MoV on the Strider and a totally unbelievable S30V on the Military.
I don’t really care about the steel, they are never going to get sold on and I’ve got enough knives that I can use these for light duty tasks, parcel opening, food prep etc.

The first three were so good there’s bound to be a let-down sooner or later but so far I’m liking these clones a lot, any one of the ones that I have is a good knife, a great knife for the money. So far they are working out about $20 each, a Spyderco Bug costs $22 over here.