For all tint freaks, test yourself

3 age 42. I wonder how much the screen has to do with it. 1080p projector, 100” @10’ ….ish.

OK, I cannot trust any video/image/gif to be true to the original, right?
Can I assume that someone has fidgeted it to their purpose?
So I cannot trust anything from the internet?
even you?

Yanni.

Me? Don’t mind me. I’m just a time traveling AI that just got done traveling to 2015 to create “the dress” and mess with chinooker’s mind. Because I was bored.

It is made to be as close as the D65 standard illuminant which is above BBL.
Its tint bothered me at first but it is a reference in itself for it’s excellent colors fidelity, hue and chroma shits are minimal. For some applications I’m more into high CRI than tint (I’m not always seeking for on or below BBL lightning) but I can understand your disappointment/dislike.
The colors you see with the optisolis 5000K are what you get with the D50 standard illuminant, same with the 6500K and D65 standard illuminant.
Those optisolis are for the light a bit like what monitor speakers or headphones are for the sound.

The used screen will make a big difference. If you use a good IPS panel or a OLED display you most likely get a better score than you would get on a TN Panel.
A friend of mine is repairing Monitors. And he uses a few test pictures to check the panels and to adjust the colors. . .
On a good IPS Panel you can see differences in colors much easier than on a TN panel. But if your calibration is off the best panel will not help.
I can not find my test pics (i got from my frien) but on WalVisions - Full Field Test Patterns you can find every test pic you need and a lot of infos about panel differences and calibration information.

With one eye not really usable in this test (cataract) i still got 8 Points with the other one. Not to bad with 42.

I can’t understand what you lot are talking about with that orange & burgundy pair of trousers, you are all crazy fools

I see bronze and indigo.

Took it again and spent a little more time with it. Got a 0 this time. 3rd bar is trickiest for me.

I’m 22. got 7. Using an old hannspree tv which has surprisingly good saturation. alot better than the piece of crap cheap 4k tvs…the colour accuracy seems good but don’t have a way to measure it. I guess i’ll try again tomorrow.

Im guessing I scored a 4, better than I expected, because I seem to have a good monitor:

21.5” iMac w Retina 4k display from late 2015

I took the test again whilst playing with the screen settings to make higher contrast on each bar. I scored 22 this time.

New score

Old score

Scored a 23. trouble with getting the darker to lighter greens in order

Watch out for your device’s night-mode if you take this after dark.

Scored a 19 and age 67. Not sure what that really means :slight_smile:

Lol, I scored a 34. I’m surprised it wasn’t a 99.

mine is 7, worse than some people who are much older than me :person_facepalming:

but that may also explain why i hardly can tell the difference between 70CRI 3000K and 90Cri 3000k Led

I got 11 and am below 30yo, young enough to be the son of about 95% of this forum’s user base, so how do you think I feel? :stuck_out_tongue:

7. I need to try again on my calibrated monitor at home.

I just scored a 9… and on a hunch, re-took it on my Note 8. Scored a 0 there.
Crappy monitor… Some of those squares just looked the same. Put them next to each other, and saw a double-wide block of the same color. So monitor will definitely play a role.

In the past, my wife and I have taken these tests. She’s never not scored a 0, I’ve scored close to 0 but not always at zero.