Free sample activity: OrcaTorch WR10 wireless charging flashlight

OP pmmed me asking how fast a review could be done and if I wanted to include video/gifs.
I answered that when arriving I would need at least 4 days 5 to be sure and that I would include video/gif.
Did not hear back and post count is still 1.

I wouldn’t mind doing a review on it.

I am also not quite sure that I understand this part?

Got the same PM and I was not that generous: no video, and I would need 2 or 3 weeks. Still a good deal for them, making a review takes up many many hours which are only fun if it is a nice flashlight, which remains to be seen…
I heard nothing back yet.

starts to look like just getting noticed.
Edit OP did react.

Maybe OP assumed that there would be more response on the proposal he/she made.

In for a review.

Is it much different than this one ? :

http://flashlionreviews.blogspot.dk/2014/09/orcatorch-wr10-950-lm1x-2665018650xm-l2_7.html

I would like to review
Thank you for your consideration

I’m relatively new, but have a few decent flashlights and a few more on order, and know what I’m about, so I’d be willing to do a UK-based review. Photos, text, not video.

I’m also UK based and can review that for you!

I don’t meet the 200 post requirement, however I do have more posts than that on the “other” forum (whose name we don’t speak), I’ve been messing around with high power LEDs for close to 10 years now :slight_smile:

FlashLion is our cooperator for many years. Only the LED updating, now the light use CREE XM-L2(U4) LED,brighter.

such as if “kowshak” is the last reply, we get 31 posts, 31 * 60% =18.6, so “everydaysurvivalgear” will get the free light. :smiley:

No limit for entry?

Like ReManG, I have been interested in trying out a few 26650 flashlights. My plate, however, is full at the moment, so I cannot write a review at this time. If I happen to win an OrcaTorch WR10, however, I am cool with that! I will certainly post my impressions, along with photos, if I do.

I came up with three interesting things as I researched this flashlight.

1. The YouTube review by SnareMan shows the mode sequence to be Turbo-High-Middle-Low-Off. That's right. The flashlight powers on in Turbo mode, and you have to cycle through all other modes in order to turn it off.
  2. The WR10 automatically powers on when it is in its charging cradle, and power is cut. This is a nice feature for power outages. The product page, at the OrchTorch web site, explains that there is a low-voltage warning, and forced step-downs, as battery voltage wanes. There is not, however, a low-voltage cutoff that turns off power completely.

If that information is right, then you need to be sure to remove the flashlight from its cradle before you leave home on a trip. Otherwise, if an event like superstorm Sandy happens while you are away, it is possible that your WR10 flashlight could power on, and then over-discharge its battery. If you are still away when power is restored, the WR10 will automatically begin charging. Attempting to recharge a battery that has been over-discharged, at a time when no one is around to monitor things, is a recipe for disaster.

Of course, the auto-on feature only activates the 2-lumen Low mode, so you would have to be gone for a good long time before anything went wrong. Make sure your power bill is paid before you leave.
  3. YouTube reviewer Wingman115 reported a water ingress during his 30-minute dunk test. That triggered a two-and-half-star rating from him. Otherwise, he said he would have given the WR10 four-and-a-half stars out of five. I hope you will be sending him this new edition for more testing. At BLF, we understand that a single failure is not indicative of much, if anything.

So, there you have it, little-mini compendium of what I learned while researching this flashlight.

Guys and Gals, they do have a couple that look pretty interesting in the EDC world. The T20 has what looks to be good modes with a 2 lumen low! Gotta love that. And the “77” is a single AA light that also appears to have decent modes, but still a little bright on the low end. I love the Solarforce style pocket clip on the T20, wish the “77” had one of those as well also the “77” does not look like it will take a 14400. I also like the fact that they are listed as constant current drivers. I kinda bugs me that they make no indication as to color temp on any of the EDC style lights.

Matt

Yeah, this kills it for me. If they changed the mode sequence it would be an interesting light to review.

I’d like to get a light specifically for review. Can’t guarantee it would be “selfbuilt” levels of detail (even because I don’t have a lightbox or the wizardry skill to work one), but as far as normal user impressions, possible issues and drawbacks, and lots of photographs, that wouldn’t be a problem.

Heck, I could even write it in Portuguese as well if that’s any incentive.

That’s almost an invitation to spam the thread! That’d go down well with the admins, wouldn’t it?

There are a thousand Hamlets in a thousand people’s eyes. Welcome different opinion and suggestion about our light, we will learned and use them to updating and designed new light. :smiley:

About charging. WR10 has over discharge protection, so this problem is impossible.
If the auto-on feature effect, WR10 runtime is about 550 hours. Though you leave home over 20 days, administration of power supply won’t.
The light will automatically power off when electricity back. :wink:

WR10’s waterproof is not as good as our other light, so we are trying to updating the siwtch.