✌ FREEME - ASTROLUX EC03 3*CREE XHP50B-3V 6700lm Andúril 21700/ 18650 Flashlight - from $

It should make a difference but from what i’ve seen of the previous EC01 two flavors, they where surprisingly very similar.

I’m using this Shockli 21700 4550mAh rated 23A continuous and 30A max.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32920425742.html

It should be close to optimal for EC03, as reviews show 23 turbo amps at the tail spring, and it has higher capacity than both Samsung 40T and 30T.

They look like the 2018 cell reviewed here by HKJ: https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Shockli%2021700%204550mAh%20(Purple)%202018%20UK.html

A 40T performs better according to his comparator tool. It's not a bad cell but nothing unusual or exceptional. It appears to be overrated in capacity - it does about 4250 mAh at 1 amp.

Overall according to HKJ's tests, the "Vapcell INR21700 4500mAh (Red) 2019" beats it capacity and lower resistance through-out the full range of amps draw.

The listing below for EC03 now indicates “5700k” instead of previously “6500k”

Freeme, would you know if they really changed the LED color temperature, or just changed the item description listing?

Another thing, would it be possible to have a “bundle deal” that can ship the Astrolux EC03 with a Samsung 40T (bundled together)?

Bare batteries cannot be shipped to my country, and it’s difficult and expensive to get the better type of batteries in my country, which is why in my beamshots I do for 21700 flashlights, I would prefer to use the 40T as a good balance of power/capacity, but due to difficult and expensive to get them, I use a lower drain 21700 battery (Lii-40A which is easier/cheaper to avail of in my country) only for testing (so my 21700 flashlight beamshots are probably not as bright as they can probably get)…

Many people have requested for warmer tint since 1st batch for EC03, and 5700K is the best alternative that is available in the market now.

I will suggest to them on behalf.

Another thing, would it be possible to have a “bundle deal” that can ship the Astrolux EC03 with a Samsung 40T (bundled together)?

Just got mine, this is one of the best light I own. Incredible.

Interested in EC03

Glad you enjoy your light.

You got mail.

Ordered! Thank you

Actually, I’m also faced the same difficulties. Previously, before Covid I still had the oppurtunities crossing border through Malaysia to collect my battery parcel. Suggestion above might be helping now esp lockdown period.

I would also be very interested in a EC03 + 40T “pack”. :+1:

I tested the 4 different 21700 i have - Samsung 30T, 40T 48G and Molicell P42A.

The 30T is the best performer in the first 15-30 sec but the 40T is very close and does better after that. The Molicell is somewhat disappointing. And the 48G not appropriate at all.

I am currently using the red Vapcell(4500mah 20A)on the EC01, would there be a noticeable difference between the Vapcell and the 40T on the EC03?.

I’ve no idea since i do not have that one…
Keep in mind there won’t be much difference between two high drain cells and it only last a few seconds. So chasing the absolue ultimate high power cell is à bit futile… and at the expense of capacité.

I’d like to know why the Molicell P42A is “disappointing” on the EC03…

When looking at HKJ’s battery comparator, I notice that the P42A does have a slight voltage sag compared to the 30T and 40T at the beginning, but appears to win over the 40T afterwards…

Would you mean the P42A just doesn’t seem as bright as the 40T at turn on, and even after 15-30 seconds? How much difference?

hi, does anyone have the comparison between 5000K and 5700K xhp50.2? thx

That’s exactly what my lux meter says. The 30T is 14% brighter and 40T 8% brighter. Not that big a difference though.

hello everybody,

I did a nice spring bypass to one of the two EC03 I received from Bangood.
With 40T there is a significant difference between the spring bypassed and the original EC03.
Next is to change the led wires to 12 awg…
in both of my lights the stainless bezel is not glued…

thanks astrolux :wink: :wink: :wink:

very nice building quality light !!!

I recently fired up my Supfire M6 with 3xXHP50.2 3V. (Took me long enough to finish it…) Kaidomain calls them 6000K… A sacrifice I’m willing to make for thermal throttling something the size of a Q8 in under 15 seconds. I think parts of the spill are cooler than my White Flat…

Anyway, none of the XHP50.2s look good. Cree fried egg and everything. If you need to remind yourself, go find beamshots of warmer 6V versions. We’re not really missing anything with the lack of real 5000K.

I want a green bundle EC01 & EC03 :+1: