FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

I ordered two more de-domeds from KD - if you’re happy to wait a few weeks, I’ll report back when I do a proper reflow :slight_smile: JasonWW’s point about the emitter not being able to transfer heat properly does make sense, so I’ll do it on the hot plate this time.

Great…these just showed up…… another busy weekend…. :person_facepalming:

Holy crap. What do you do with them all?

I don’t think a dedomed led is more susceptible to high current than a domed one. It doesn’t make sense that it would be.

Probably the easiest way to limit current is use a somewhat weak battery. The Keeppower 5200mah is a good choice. You can compare cells on HKJ’s comparator at 10A.

Here is the 5200 compared to the 6000.

The important part is the far left. You want that initial part on the left to be lower, which it is in this case.

If you can solder, another thing you can do is replace the two low resistance springs in the tail cap with a single steel spring. This will add some resistance to keep the amperage lower.

I suspect the middle pad, the thermal pad, might not have had enough solder in it. I’ve heard of some mcpcb having a slightly deeper section for the thermal pad which might require a tiny bit more solder.

Thanks; I’ll take care to have a look at that. I figured I’d get two in case I screw another one up. As I said before though, I’ll do this one in the pan and not via soldering iron (I know, I know).

Long term I need to get one of those little heating plates if I want to do an MF01 emitter swap, but that’s for another day.

Didn’t make sense to me either but why did MTN say to not run a sliced SST40 above 8 amps?

Because his SST40’s are not de-domed.

. Slice Dome Option:

If this option is selected, the LED dome will be sliced until it is very thin, then polished if needed. A sliced dome provides a tighter, more intense hotspot for increased throw. The LED’s tint will usually shift slightly warmer than it was with the full dome in place. It is not recommended to run the sliced LEDs at above 8A, even with good heatsinking. Selecting this option will add 3-5 business days processing time to your entire order.

. When sliced very thin and run at high current, the thin silicone might/can/will burn.

Ahhh. So yep, mine is user error.

Will report back when my new order arrives.

[quote=pennzy]

Guy’s at work went in and bought a bunch of them. This is the second batch.( I hope the last?) The first batch of 8 some were not working well, So I found some minor problems, piss poor re-flows, off centered LED’s, lack of adequate re-flow solder, a lead wire was barely soldered on and broke off or melted itself off the driver contact, mcpcb shelf/shelves are not flat, ect. So I fixed a few and have been modding a few for the hardcore guy’s. So I’ll go thru these and see whats up with them. I’m working on modding one of mine, so these will have to wait. :smiley:

That is not very encouraging to hear. Good luck with these.

I placed my order after 800pcs were already sold so I hope my lights aren’t like the above

And where do do find so many flashlight freaks locally?

Graveyard shifts

First impressions from my FT03. NW color looks good for my eyes, significantly brighter that GT mini, bad threads on the tailcap - “dancing” until fully closed. Tried the charging - 4.13V. After several minutes on turbo isn’t hot :question:

Double click to Turbo, right?
The top of the ramp doesn’t go all the way to Turbo.

Yes double click. But I’ll check it again soon to be sure.

Hi, Will these 26650 button top SHOCKLI fit the FT03? Not much choice in the UK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-30A-ShockLi-5500mAh-Button-Top-IMR-26650-3-7v-Li-ion-batteries-case/303092379868?hash=item4691b6b0dc:g:qZwAAOSwfepcP70j

I have a shockli flat top and fits with room to spare so I would say yes, they should fit.

Finally received my NW today.
Moonlight and lower levels of ramp are green, but hey I didn’t buy it for Moon mode.

I did have some oil to wipe from the threads and contact points.

Running Litto 26650 for now.

I see no flaws.
Centered die.
Bezel seems to be glued, ramp functions 100%.

For $28 delivered who can complain?

Now I await the darkness :smiling_imp:

I turned on the turbo by double clicking. Room temperature is 30 degrees. Running continuously for 7 minutes, the lamp was quite hot but I found the brightness not decreased. Has anyone encountered a similar situation. I thought that with room temperature, maybe the lamp had reached 55 degrees