✌ FREEME - ASTROLUX MF01S-UV & MF01mini-UV Flashlight Group Buy - ALIVE

Maybe we should get them to design some accessories for such application (some items)?

BG has shown me MCPCB populated with UVC emitters today, but I am not allowed to publish publicly at the moment. It is rated higher than 5mW.

You know if that’s for the S43 also?

Reserved

“I have good news and bad news: You don’t have the coronavirus. Unfortunately, you do have skin cancer.”

Is that “rated higher than 5mW” per emitter or in total?

LED is rated above 5mW/led but it is up to manufacturer to decide the final output. They are trying to shortlist the model based on the result.

Does that mean 7 and 18 emitters respectively?

I don’t know that I need this or if it’s even a good idea to own one but I can’t say I’m not interested.

7 for MF01 mini size and 18 for MF01S size. They have yet to decide the model names.

Interested. Thanks.

Intrigued.

In! Thanks!

I’m def interested in this :smiley:

I’ve only used UV-C in water clean up for pond and fish tanks. UV-C is extremely strong and not something you want to be exposed to. Even in the fish tanks, they aren’t visible and are hidden in tubes. My air purifier at home supposedly also has it, but again hidden inside so you never see any light. Also the distance for it to work requires pretty close proximity. Just be careful with it. It kills cells by destroying its DNA pretty fast. If truly UV-C - it will kill germs/bacteria, but treat it like a weapon. Don’t point it at anything you don’t want to kill. :stuck_out_tongue:

Solid state UV-C sources are definitely intriguing technology but I don’t really have a use for such a light, particularly with how dangerous it can be if mishandled. Hopefully this technology doesn’t become cheap and mainstream. I don’t want to get welder’s flash from walking by someone playing with a high-powered UV-C flashlight.

Just wondering traditionally speaking UV-C ranges from 100-280nm wavelengths, but at certain levels below 200nm UV-C also creates ozone. Does this light also create wavelengths down below 200nm? :slight_smile: May be interested, although for germicidal purposes, ranges above 200nm is supposed to be the most efficient?

My guess is the Chinese 10mW 7V 150mA diodes
They cost in quantity per mW only about 1/3 of the Klaran 50mW

but still MF01UVC with 180mW would be equal to a Klaranx4 light with 180-200mW

Did the price of the Klaran led change or was it ~45 dollars all the time?

10,000 quantity for $15
Anything below 10k is $19.80