✌ FREEME - ASTROLUX MF04S (XHP70.2) & MF04 (XHP35 HI) - BRASS@.@

This is a big increase (since I’ve decided I’m not happy with the throw of my Mateminco MT35).

After a few updates of the list am not part of it. Please join me in the correct position.

I’d like on the list. Thanks.

They have not decided yet but it is definitely lower than BLF GT.

Do you guys prefer MF01 diamond knurling tube pattern or MF02 "chocolate bar" knurling pattern for new MF04?

Knurling of the mf02 is definitely preferred for me. Going to want a grippier surface to hold onto for this big light.

I like that MF02 knurling.

Have they had any issues making the reflectors like we had with the GT? I know the MF04 reflector can’t be a perfect mirror finish and it’s going to have small grooves in it like the GT, the question is what type of reflector finish did Astrolux settle on?

In my humble opinion, the bigger the flashlight body the less detailed the knurling needs to be. In other words, I do like fine, carved lines on a small tube like the size of a Convoy S2+, making the flashlight easier to grab and to prevent it from slipping out of one‘s hand. However, on a big body like the MF02 or the MF04 I definitely prefer a rougher structure like this „chocolate bar“ pattern. The sizing of the knurling needs to correspond to the actual size of the flashlight. I hope I could explain what I meant to say. :slight_smile:

Will check on that. Is MF02 reflector an acceptable grade?

I couldn't agree more. Is just that boss prefer something that is more comfortable to hold in hand. I did propose a modified version of diamond pattern, let see how it goes.

Chocolate bar style for sure

I like the look of that diamond. Though I never had one in hand.

I don’t have an MF02 to look at. I guess we would need the manufacturer to post some good pictures of the reflector surface and we can compare it to the GT surface.

MF02 is much more in my preferred style.

MF01 diamond knurling pattern for me.

+1 for MF02 style knurling. I caaaan’t wait for the light! :open_mouth:

Interested depending on price.

I repeat. After a few updates of the list am not part of it. Please join me in the correct position Mr. freeme, at number 145.

I‘m interested, too. Thank you!

Well………hard to choose really, I like both.

From a design perspective: the diamond knurling is something you see quite a lot.
The “chocolate bar” knurling is much more rare, so it would make the light stand out more.

As far as grip goes, the “chocolate bar” knurling is quite grippy, but it largely depends on the kind of anodization that is used.
The more shiny ano tends to be more slippery, the more matte finish is much more grippier in itself (foir example see the ano on Armytek lights).

Cheers
Nico

Imo the existing MF02 the is perfect for this light. Why change an already good thing

Definitely interested. Chocolate bar style knurling FTW.