[♛ FreemeGB] Fireflies PL47 Gen II 4*XP-L/ Nichia/ SST20 Hi CRI 21700 Right Angle Flashlight - ENDED

As much as I hate to be involved in such a conversation, I think Tom Tom may be looking for these responce and giggling the whole time. I think it would be best to not entertain this person with responces. Just my opinion. I just scroll past the post without reading it. It’s pointless.

Yes, it's probably best just to report the post and not feed the troll.

I have the nichia. I am having an issue with my batteries. I recently picked up new 21700 50e from imrbatteries. When i use them with the PL47, ramping ceiling is only going to ~100 lumens while ramping floor is normal. i do not hear the PWM when ramping but do when using 40t or 35E. double click to turbo and it does not change in lumens. i tried with 3 other fully charge 50e and the same results.

But when i try using a 40t or 18650 35E the light works normal. turbo and high works normally.

capacaity test for the 50e are 5014 mah and IR is ~20-30 ohms. Floor setting set to 3 clicks and ceiling to 1 click.

35e are rated 8 Maximum Continuous discharge while the 50e are 9.8A Maximum Continuous discharge. i suspect the 50e’s are not providing enough power to the PL47 or am i wrong?

I think I heard similar posts from other guys using the 50e and they said that it was just a bit too long. Either that or some of them said the 50 e works if you tighten the tail cap really hard. But they also said that tightening the tailcap very hard could also possibly dent them.

So I think that it’s more of a battery fitment issue than a battery output issue.

I am using the 48g and have no problems with mine and they are about the same capacity as the cells you are using.

Wow you are correct. i tighten the cap to the max and it works normally now. high, turbo, and ramping works. i was afraid that it might crush the top of the cell. all of my 50E’s are working. thank you.

I am using the 50e in the PL47 nichia with out issue, but I had to put a copper washer in the tail cap because otherwise I had to tighten the cap so hard to make a good connection that I was crushing the springs. You may not have a solid connection

Edit: I was too slow

…battery fitment issues? Hard to believe…

This advice is still good. With the copper washer in the tail cap I don’t have to tighten as hard on the 50E, so better long-term IMHO (or if/when longer tube sections become available). Only downside is part of tail-cap O-ring is exposed with 2mm thick washer.

I use a 1.5 mm washer - then the o-ring can barely be seen

Got my E07 today from Nealsgadets. The finish quality of E07 is much better than Pl 47 and it is much noticeable brighter.

I think i love E07 than Emisar D4S due to compact size.

How would you compare throw to D4S?

Here are quick beamshots comparison E07 Vs D4S.

Camera setting is fully manual to lock the exposure and focus.

FireFliesE07 - LED SST20 5000K VS Emisar D4S - LED XP-G2 S4 3D 5000K

Fireflies seems to be more bloodier whereas D4S is throwy. I also notice Fireflies is more brighter than D4S .

FireFliesE07 ceiling bound lux reading on turbo mode (439 lux)
Camera exposure turned down

Emisar D4S ceiling bound lux reading on turbo mode (331 lux)

Thanks for the beam shots! If the E07 gets some of the minor bugs worked out, it just might be my next light.

I still have no idea about which emitters I’ll choose. :person_facepalming:

So sad it’s got less throw then D4S, guess I’ll just get another Emisar instead.
Wonder if PL47 isn’t throwier with SST20 emiters.

What is the appeal of such floody lights actually? Is it meant to be used as lagrish EDC light?

What is the lux at 1 meter on 5000 lumen setting? Or at 400ma cc?

D4S wins by miles. No comparison.

But, obviously the FF torch should be so much brighter. It has nearly twice the number of LEDS.

However it seems not.

I think that that the Emisar uses a decent well designed Carclo optic, with well understood consistent results.

Unlike the other FF one. With that hole in the middle of the beam, and wasting all that light, splattered around uselessly to the edges.

Who made that optic, and why do Fireflies insist on using multiple emitters and TIRs instead of learning how to put a powerful single emitter into a properly designed, aligned and focussed reflector ? Or even just doing TIR stuff correctly. Maybe that would take research, skill, experimentation and tight tolerances. None of which I have observed so far.

These tiny TIRs cannot ever produce a powerful focussed long range beam. It is impossible, laws of physics apply. If all that you want is to splatter your over-cooked lumens across a very wide area, then this is of course one way to do it, if that is what you want.

Day 45, no PL47 or working tracking number in Canada.

Thanks! I ordered one, I love ZL products

What the heck are you talking about. I measured the E07 XPL-HI v2 at more than double the output of the D4s XPL-HI v2 despite being smaller. I love multi emitter lights because more emitters allow them to each run more efficiently than single emitter lights. More emitters also allow higher output. The only thing I wish for is if there are different optics to choose from. I like both flood and throw. Floody optic is more useful for indoor applications and photo taking. Throwy optic is more useful for outdoors.

Also there’s no hole in the middle of the beam.