[♛ FreemeGB] Haikelite MT09R 3x XHP70.2 25,000lm & 3x XHP35 Hi 6500LM Flashlight Group Buy -【 ACTIVE 】

Great info all. Thanks! :) :) :slight_smile:

i just chatted with the Haikelite Store on Aliexpress, they said the XHP35 HI version is using the D4 bin

Usually companies won’t pay the premium price to get the top bins. For them, every penny saved is a penny earned and it adds up. Maybe they realized they need top bin and decided to buy it? Maybe.

I’d like to hear if Texas_Ace knows what bin they were using back when he was building drivers for the xhp35-HI lights.

but when TA was building drivers for them that might have still been the old version mt09rs, the D4 might have only been changed in the latest stock?

Interested

I never got a hard number on the XHP35 bins they were using but I think one of the tints might of been a D2? The others were much lower. Much like the xhp70.2 version, the NW was an ~N4 bin but the others were much lower.

I was just wondering what they told TA they were using. It is irrelevant for current models. I was just curious. The bottom line is that you really don’t know what they’re using. You could buy a light and test each of the three emitters at a specific amperage and measure the Lumen output and that might get you in the ballpark of what brightness bin it is.

For instance if it is 30% below what a D4 bin is supposed to produce then chances are it’s not a D4 bin. If it’s within 15% or 20% then it could be a D4 or it could be a D2. It’s very difficult for hobbyist like us to figure it out for sure.

For now, we just have to go by what they say and assume it is a D4.

(I’m still skeptical because in the past they usually went with whatever LEDs were cheaper/cheapest)

was wondering if anyone on blf has bought and tested the latest mt09r xhp35 hi?

have any of you tried bypassing all the springs successfully?

Which model?

I believe it’s fine to bypass all the springs on the 70.2 version. (Edit, if it’s the new factory driver this might burn the big FET)

You don’t want to bypass any of the springs on the xhp35-HI version.

i ordered a 70.2 MT09R and im planning to bypass all the springs with 20AWG

Only do this if you are also upgrading the main FET. The stock one will die if given anymore power.

Bypass not advisable.

Is this flashlight really 25000 lumens?

No, Haikelite exaggerated a little.

Yeah.

You’d need spring bypasses and top LED bins only to achieve 24 000 lumens with a calibrated tube.

The MT03 TA is a more accurate representation of what it can do with spring bypasses.

Thank you all for the info.

For those who use the original MT09R driver (not the TA or Lexel driver), it is highly recommended to exchange the SIR800 MOSFET by a better one that can be driven up to 100A (e.g. Infineon) if you plan to bypass your springs.

You don’t mean the “original” driver (that one was rubish), your talking about the current, stock driver designed by TA. That’s the one that has the weak FET.

There’s 4 drivers for the 70.2 version and it can be hard to keep track.

Exactly, that’s what I meant to say. Thank you Jason! :+1: