FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

Yes, the rubber part holds it in place. You can see the molded hole it fits in. They say it’s also glued in, but the glue doesn’t seem to like sticking to the rubber. Maybe they can try a different glue for later batches that really bonds it tightly. Or maybe the rubber has some release agent on it that weakens the glue.

Is the above picture the right one? Your other post had a clearer one. (Below)

For those wanting to glue to rubber, I find plastic super-glue works really well.

It comes with pen to activate the plastic that you rub on both surfaces first. Then wait 1 minute, then apply the super glue.

I don’t recall seeing a black pellet in this video. For an average Joe, and I’m sure there were some average Joes who purchased this light, I think reassembling that tail cap would be a nightmare. Glad I saw this video, I’ll just put the battery in from the top end :wink:

More than 2yr ago DB Custom came to the same conclusion in post #45.

I honestly do not think reassembling this tailcap should be a challenge for anyone. If they are careful not to loose their ’nubbin’ that is. :wink: . :smiley:

I gave a FW3A to my nephews 9 year old son (my great nephew??). He called today & asked about removing the clip. I told him what to do & told him while he was at it to glue or reglue his ‘nubbin’.
I gave him directions by phone. He followed them & had no trouble reassembling the tail cap. He just now called to give me the blow by blow. :wink:
I just cannot see this being a major challenge for most anyone. If a 9 year old can do it……

Not everyone is 100%.

I guess not.

TBH Im running at about 40%……… gettin old aint no fun…

Yep, definitely noticing decreased capacity :smiley:

Yep… it ain’t no fun at all. Most days anyway. :weary: . :wink:

Look at the 44 second mark. The black pellet is stuck into the black rubber piece.

Did Neal say anything on his Facebook page or elsewhere about glow-in-the-dark gaskets custom cut to match the Carclo triple optics?

I saw a couple pictures shared elsewhere, but no details provided.

Neal is working to get those GITD discs ...

and i looked into the "nubbie situation" (and found something new)

www.youtube.com/embed/D1dfPeO07bM

You can cut a piece of GITD tape to put inside the lens, like my D4.

that works well!

And as I was expecting, the SST-20 won’t be available starting next week.

Sorry guys. My source was wrong.

That’s a great ’Nubbin Video’ Martin…. :+1:

Very detailed & to the point simple instruction concerning the possible issue.

Oooops… ya’ gotta hate it when that happens. :person_facepalming:

It might be a good idea to go back & edit some of the premature announcements you made so as to ’try’ and lessen possible/very likely confusion.

HERE
and HERE are a couple of those.

No, I’m not that fat, but I had never seen my nubbin. So I did not know what it’s made of.
This video says it’s hard rubber, and that’s what i was thinking too. It’s not plastic.
I’ll try something today…. Maybe a faucet washer… Save post 10,000 for me.