FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

yea, embarrassed here :frowning: still learning. Thank you. (regarding current temperature issue)

Got my light today!
Unpopular opinion: The light is perfect as it is!
No issues, adjusted the ui to my fave settings and checked that all the functions are available. 10/10.
Correction: Anduril makes it 11/10

I think I solved my issue, the clip ring isnā€™t straight and the offset/angle of the ring to the clip itself was slightly too much so it was causing the tailcap to sit a little high iā€™m Guessing. Removed the clip, Straightened out the angle and also flattened the ring over a rod and it seems to be fine now, there you go.
Looks like for now I do not have any more complaints :smiley:
This light is so small and beautiful, even after the wait itā€™s worth it 100% for sure!
If you havenā€™t bought one yet, just buy one, you wonā€™t be sorry!

My light arrived today. What a little beauty it is! Thank you to everyone involved in getting this light developed and manufactured.

LEDsupply

At last, my perfect 18650 EDC Triforce is complete! Happy International Day of Light, everyone. :smiley:

Thankfully, mine has been working okay straight out of the box. This is also the first time Yodel has managed to deliver something to me (that didnā€™t get lost or destroyed). One question about the tail switch though: mine feels a bit weird. Centre clicks are quite noisy and feel mechanical, while edge clicks are very soft and feel more like a traditional E-switch. Is this normal? Itā€™s a bit awkward to use, as clicks can be unpredictable if Iā€™m shifting my grip and not paying attention to where Iā€™m clicking. Not a deal breaker by any means, but sometimes I do hit the switch at a funny angle and it feels like its about to bend sideways and break. Iā€™m sure that wouldnā€™t happen though. It might be worth me dismantling the tail and taking a close look.

Really loving the warm 7A version so far, perfect for candle mode!

Nice photo! How long did yours take to clear customs?

Not everyone lives in the USAā€¦ ~15$ shipping for a 1.50$ optic is a bit much.

I would like to know also.
Arrow would be great option BUT the 10510 has a minimum order quantity of 40ā€¦ I asked them but they canā€™t do anything about it.

One of the cheapest places Iā€™ve found is luxeonstar.com but I have no experience with them.
Their shipping calculator offers 8.81$ (Small Packets Surface) as the cheapest option to Europe which is a bit more reasonable but still quite expensive for a piece of plastic.
LED Module Secondary Optics

Indeed!

And did you know that the author is ToyKeeper, who is in our midst? I donā€™t know if Selene developed it all on her own or collaborated with anyone, but I have to say she came up with the best UI Iā€™ve found yet. I havenā€™t found myself having to refer back to the UI chart much at all (just for the thermal config). With NarsilM, Iā€™d keep forgetting and have to go back to it.

OMG! Many failuresā€¦
It seems that production control is failing.
It does not look Lumintop, rather it looks like an Astroluxā€¦ or any worse.

Luckily I still have not bought mine.

If production control does not improve, I think I will desist.

You can see all the different parts in my thread CRX FW3A Mods & Teardown

Just the way these switches work with the bendy metal part. A sort of side press can be quieter than ā€˜poppingā€™ it dead centre.

Thanks for the info. Looking at the photos, it makes sense.

After only taking a day to arrive in the UK from China, it must have sat around for the best part of a week before finally getting delivered to me. Still, Neilā€™s super impressive rapid dispatch makes up for it. Thank you Neil, and congratulations on the baby!

Your post seems a bit overly dramatic to meā€¦ :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming:

The dreaded triple Polar :smiley:

Yepā€¦ The Triple Polar Facepalmā€¦ā€¦ it canā€™t get much worse. :smiley: :smiley:

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/10510/carclo-technical-plastics

Youā€™re welcome :slight_smile:

Dramatic? I am sure most of us that purchased this light expected a non-problimatic light to arrive. Not a light which needed to be taken apart, cleaned and fiddled with. I for one am underwhelmed with the specimen I received which arrived DOA and I am planning to return it.

To Unlocoā€™s point though, I do wonder whether there will be changes during production runs. We have seen it before, sometimes positive, sometimes not.

It would probably help if the topside driver negative ring was exposed to the retaining ring, it is masked at the moment, so long as sufficient clearance is maintained.
A proper electronic switch would be another good thing, there is space for an Emisar type E-switch.
I was surprized to see the one they used, help me out here, what do you call that type of switch?

Mine came today. Works well. No issues at all and no desire to tinker with it.