FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

TK, I am going to order the 219C tonight. Is there a way to blink out a firmware version number or subtle differences you could guide me to?

That is one of the most exciting things as well as the firmware with the new features, I am still using biscotti without a "real" moonlight mode. I am gonna buy it when it comes out with an SST-20 or LH351D and the new firmware. Like getting a BLF version of a ZL.

I agree that it looks blue under many lighting conditions but generally these shades of gray are very subjective. Try painting a room gray after picking swatches from the paint store. You will go through a dozen choices before you stop seeing some other non gray color and give up.

IMO, it should be darker gray (where itā€™s less of an issue) or bare metal. Fireflies and the original BLF D80 are nice dark grays, to me.

It seems almost every item in that image has a blue tint. It looks like it needs a white balance adjustment to show accurate colors. Hereā€™s what I get if I put the image through the disco machine (maximizes the brightness of each pixel without changing the hue).

At a guess, the yellow ambient lighting makes the camera (and possibly the eyes) see everything else as blue.

If it has momentary strobe modes, itā€™s the new version. Or, if it has 2 brightness levels in lockout mode, itā€™s the new version. While unlocking, the second click should be a different brightness unless you have both ramp floors set to the same value.

So you mean all the conditions we would be seeing the outside of our light? If you guys just admire your light in the afternoon sun the world will be right once again (and you will be judged as that weird flashlight person who uses their lights in full sun). /s :smiley:

Glad to hear that he is doing fine. New baby will definitely do that to the parents.

I have been trying to get in touch with him since 5/22 to get help with my DOA FW3A and have yet to hear from him.

Hope I will hear from him soon.

Darn, the one I just got in only has one brightness in lockout, I would love that feature! I will have to check the bottom of the ramp. Oh wait, it looks like they are set the same. Gotta try to change that tonight.

I ordered an XP-L HI version and a 219C triple to swap in before the 219C version was announced. Sigh.

I did the swap tonight so I can answer one question: it runs fine at full power. I have mine set at a comfy 45Ā° C and I get about three seconds before it starts throttling. Not much less than the XP-L HI actually.

When things are both cool and sucky at the same time.

In general, if you only use 2700K warm white bulbs indoors at night, everything else will look blueā€¦ as in the photo posted earlier. It doesnā€™t mean those things actually are blue though; just that theyā€™re viewed against a yellow backdrop.

Me, I use 4000K to 5000K indoor lighting, which keeps colors pretty neutral.

However, the FW3Aā€™s anodizing seems to come in more than one shade. I have two here which look notably different. One looks darker and somewhat blue; the other looks a bit lighter and neutral grey.

Hey, I have those GITD keyfobs on my flashlights too!

Wow. All I can say is wow. What an amazing thing you've all made. If you had a hand in this please accept my sincere thanks. Such a cool piece of tech.

I'm going to need more.

Perhaps I am the last person on this forum who has not yet received a flashlight.
Neal is also not responding to email, to private messages, Facebook and WhatsApp.
I sent one message each of the possible options in the hope of getting an answer.
Order paid on Apr 28, 2019.
I really want this lantern. Waiting for an order and silence of the Nile drives me crazy.

I understand that having a baby has added a lot of new worries to him.
I wish his baby health and well-being to his family.

I would not be surprised if your location might have caused a delay. Have you checked with your countries Customs to see if itā€™s being held?
What does Neals website say about your order? Does it say shipped yet?

No problems with customs (even with lithium batteries) up to 75$.
On Aliexpress I have a Diamond level.
I generally buy freely around the world since 2005.
Only twice paid customs for really expensive goods.

To Neal payed also extra 3$ for shipping.
Nealā€™s website say ā€œUNFULFILLEDā€

Iā€™m also very curious about this. I have a Lumintop Tool Ti with an absolutely gorgeous rosy 4000K 219C emitter in it. Probably the nicest emitter I own. As Lumintop are also producing the FW3A, Iā€™m quite hoping that they will be using the same batch of emitters for this.

If they are, then Iā€™m just left with the difficult choice of pulling the trigger on the known good 219C emitters with worse performance, or holding out for an unknown quality SST-20 or LH351D version with better performance.

Interesting, Neal said he would have all Group Buy orders out last week. Hopefully he will respond soon.

If lots of people contact him on 4 different mediums imagine all the messages he has to sort through. He might be pretty swamped.

Add me. Several attemptsā€¦ odd thing is I ordered two, minutes apartā€¦one arrived two weeks ago.they both tracked normal from the sourceā€¦#2 hot a snag going to DHLā€¦#1 sailed through DHL and USPSā€¦the other dead ended and then came back as an error,contact shipper

Where are you guys getting those?
I bought a few off off a vendor from CPF maybe 8 years ago and have never been able to find anything like them again. All but one has broken (heavy use)

Also, we ordered a FW3A from Neal about 2 weeks ago and received it a few days ago in the USA. Threads were clean, switch was solid, no dirt or grime anywhere. Worked perfect out of the box.