FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

Anyone else order a copper version? I didn’t think any discount codes took to the order though.

I didn’t realize there was a copper version yet. :open_mouth: . Have you got a link to where you found it?

TIA

Nealsgadgets

too bad there aren’t any real pictures of the copper variant, only the rendering. thanks for the link.

I noticed there is no 7A copper option. I wonder if that emitter is being fazed out in favor of another.

Wonder if there’s a special code for us BLFers? That looks epic!

I’ve yet to see a post from anyone on this forum saying they’ve ordered the 7A version of an FW3A.

You were right.

My order of trits and glow rings from a month ago hadn’t shipped because green trits weren’t in stock. I sent Neal an email asking and got a response within 2 days. My order has now shipped!

I also placed an order today for a copper FW3A. :heart_eyes:

/\ … Good, glad it’s all headed your way now. :beer:

Guilty :sunglasses:

I could go for that purple version that's, uh, a few pages back...

I was going to list some of what I own that's purple, but the list got long. So, yeah, I want a purple FW3A ;)

For people who have the group buy code for the FW3A, the version for the FW3C is entirely predictable. It makes the price $60.

Actually, I was wondering that too. Does anyone have the 7A, and if so, how is it?
How much brighter, or not, is it than the upcoming SST-20 will be?

Wonder if the sst-20 version in copper will be another $5 less… at $50-$55 I would likely pull the trigger :person_facepalming:

Ah, it was a token to see if my posts were really being read all the way through. I’m honored to know it! :smiley:

I thought it was subtle enough, but I abstracted a little further to appease the mods. :wink:

To be honest, it’s pretty good. Was planning to do an emitter swap as I don’t do lower cri anymore, but I still have the 7a’s in there. The tint is very nice and it runs pretty cold compared to sst’s or nichias.

I know the topic is really long now, but I could swear I saw people posting about 7A purchases. So they’ve definitely sold. I’d read that they’re considerably warmer than the 3D. But yeah… I’d also be very interested to see the 7A vs. SST-20, direct comparison.

Strange… I’d heard that the 7A was quite warm. Isn’t it 3300K If the SST-20 is something like 2800K, then the 7A would certainly look a touch cooler. Is that what you’re seeing?

Um… I tried and nope, maybe you got a special code

:smiley: . Good test. :+1: Yep, I read em’ all… all the way through. :wink:

Yes it is certainly warm white. But it runs considerably cooler (heat/temperature) than with sst-20s.