FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

Yes, it’s normal for regular flashlight, but not for this stylish product. FW3A has beautiful clean author’s design out of the box. No reason to trash it.

I agree with imshara. For this particular light the clean look is one of best “features”. Lumintop is allowed to change this of course, but it would have been nice if they would announce it first.

The Playboy-logo tail … I don’t like but not a dealbreaker.

The huge warning on the bezel … :person_facepalming: They totally ruined the clean look of the FW3A. Idiots.

Between this and the problems with FW1A reflectors I think trained monkeys would do a better job of running the company.

That’s Lumintops logo, not the playboy bunny lol. I actually like the button, the rest of the engravings I can do without. Simple fix for the head bezel, just get a stainless one or this new style from JC Customs.

$45
I’d go with stainless >$4

Crenelated, polished and trit slots, you gotta pay if you wanna play. :money_mouth_face:

Not many reactions to this. I would think whole blf would be indignant.

Whole BLF has thousands of FW3A and doesn’t need more.

I 100% agree. When I saw these two marking on my FW21 Pro I was bummed, but not surprised since I likened that more to Lumintop and a almost complete redesign. My recent Cu Fw3c does NOT have those markings… I would be angry, mostly because of the bezel. I mean I get it, its not the end of the world, but there is no reason for it. Looks like a McDonald’s coffee cup to me… What, has someone sued LT because they didn’t realize 2800L the size of a roll of quarters is HOT? ridiculous… Lumintop should take the logo off. If you have a buffing wheel and black/brown compound, that bunny will come off in about 20 seconds I suspect, although that one doesn’t bother me all that much.

I think there will be more reactions when more people become aware. Although as the other guy mentioned, most BLFers who want a the grey FW3A already have it.

The only thing that would tempt me to buy another FW3A is if/when Lumintop release a non-limited version with the lone1 buck/boost driver. And in that case I certainly will be turned off by a big warning triangle printed on the bezel.

If they need to do it for legal/regulatory reasons they should just use a sticker that can be peeled off.

Agreed.

Anyone have a newer Ti model or newer model with switch board marked FW3A-K3.2?

This polished Ti has serialized tail cap but none of the other marks and the switch is absolute trash.

My original stonewashed model has an acceptable, if not good, switch so it’s not just a Ti thing. Basically there is no positive “click” feel at all, just mushy. On top of that it rubs against the sidewall of what feels like rough Ti and lastly the switch can even get stuck down/sideways depending on which side you press.

Yup, my first polished FW3T had a terrible switch that was way different than the first grey aluminum FW3A I had purchased. You’ve described pretty much everything I also had wrong with that button. Recently, I’ve purchased a Cu/Ti version on the secondary market. No serial number on the outside and the button was great. My stonewashed Ti version also has the markings you described in the tail switch. Button is also decent. I wonder if the full Ti polished version has some sort of tolerance issue or bad batch of buttons and/or switches?

I’m really surprised they serialized the Ti model. These are some disappointing changes. Between the printings and FW1A reflector change, I may not order a FW1T if it materializes.

Out of all the FWXX lights I’ve had, before I even insert a battery I do the switch mod.

I have an original polished Ti and the switch is great.

I have an alu model with K3.2 switch board. The switch is very good, the best on any FW3x I own.

I’m not surprised. Lumintop almost added the bunny logo to the original run, I’m sure it was a matter of time.

The “Hot” warning is likely some sort of attempt to protect themselves while continuing to sell a light that could be a “nut roaster” or pocket-burner or what have you. So I can’t blame them there, especially if they’ve gotten one too many complaints/threats after FW3A burned something.

And for the serials… I’m still not surprised. FW3A has turned into a huge cash cow for Lumintop. However, the designs are pretty much all public because of the development by BLF. So if Lumintop is ever going to warranty the lights or anything, serializing is an easy way to ensure it is one they made. It would not surprise me at all if there are copies out there already.

Nobody cared much about every changes to the initial external design, why would that change ? I’ve done my share to react about those changes but apart being considered as a pain in the ass, it finally changed nothing : more engravings :person_facepalming:
The only change for the better was internal : button retaining ring.

They made a ton of money with the FW3A concept but never let a chance to the original design to happen so I just wish that at some time they will release a limited anniversary batch with the very first external design (maybe with lume1 driver and auxiliary LED board), which would be pretty easy since there are only a couple of changes to do on the external of the battery tube, but that will never happen. Instead, here it is now, just an average industrial flashlight with common engravings and nothing of the original design to stand out.

I am late to the party and wasn’t a member when this flashlight was designed. While I personally don’t like the engravings, my voice shouldn’t matter that much.

From what I have seen online thousands of enthusiasts have this wonderful light that was developed internally. This is such a great forum and smart community. I can only hope to be part of the next development project.