FW3A mod thread. Post yours!

Oh boy, the ice blue for hours, but no, don't have a definite time. I'm thinking though it was still glowing at 5-6 hours, but not certain.

It's a huge difference - sorry I spent that kind of money on orange - not worth anything to me, actually. We, or I, should tell Neal.

Nice thanks.

Off the buffer using the god stuff… :wink:

No more hand polishing for this kid! :confounded:

Now that looks gorgeous

Missed a bit :smiley:

Come on…… :open_mouth: ……jeez it wasn’t fully dressed yet… :smiley:

It is polished aluminium or ss?
Mike

Polished Aluminum…

I really like the look of Kawiboy’s shiny silver FW3A. Thinking I might order another so I can do the same. :sunglasses:

My polishing method isn’t as good though. No way will mine look as good.

However, I’m not sure it matters a whole lot though. Bare aluminum is rather soft. I’ve noticed that when I stick my polished bare aluminum lights in my pants with my keys, they tend not to look freshly polished for long.

That’s one advantage of titanium: it may be heavier and have worse thermal characteristics… but it maintains shiny blinginess much longer.

It’s on a Surefire M3 Combat neck lanyard with the break-a-way anchor, the clip, in case I need to put it on my ball cap if/when needed. I have 4 other FW3A’s I could stuff in a pocket.

Something like this… but instead it will be a Highly Polished Quad with Trits… the “FW4A” instead of a Clock! :smiley:

So I have…No Worries… :beer:

… the clock can tell time

:smiley:

Very nice :+1:

@ Tom E

Neal lists a “Sky Blue” and an “Aqua”…. .

Which is yours?

It looks great!! :beer:
_

Glow Gaskets @ Neals Gadgets

Brand: HTP WORKS
Material: TurboGlow (Best now)
Color:
Sky Blue
— Green
Aqua
— Orange
— Yellow
— Lava
— Pink
_
_
_
_
GITD Brightness Chart

Checked my order and it's aqua. Last night, charged it up at 11 PM, and by 5 AM still glowing, even by 6 AM. So at least 5-6 hours, maybe 7-8.

Again, don't get orange! It lasted maybe 1/2 to 1 hour tops, but even initially, loses it fast. Was hard to get a pic of it because gotta work fast.

Might order a green next time...

Thank you very much fo the info. :+1:

Aqua” it is for me then! I like the looks of yours & the glow time you reported is good enough for me.

Thanks to for the warning about the Orange.

The orange, violet & red etc glow uses the old zinc formula I think instead of the newer strontium aluminate, might suit those who would prefer a shorter duller afterglow.

Is the wavelength of the glow specified for any of these?

I haven’t seen that information.

Let's get rid of the popper.

Nice! :beer:

Had to offset it to miss the button nub, the switch is a little tall, I can’t run the boot either (for now) but it works very well, nice “click” response, wish it was a little more robust with a stronger spring in the switch, still actuates easy….but it “works” and I like it! :+1: Great Idea CRX!