GANZO KNIVES, 6&7-SERIES

Want to try one of these; need something in assisted opening ( with lock) and 3.75” ( 95mm+) blade; any recommendations ?

thanks great list to compare

There is not any knives from ganzo, automatic and with 95 mm or more. With 85 mm or so there are some like ganzo g707, g719, g721, g736…

Just ordered the 718
Had store credit, some points to use , only needed $2,- from PayPal.

I just got my G728 in safety orange and it’s fantastic. This is one of the best Chinese knives I’ve bought and I’ve bought many, so I’m going to do a review of it.

Looking forward to it.

I just ordered a G620 assisted flipper from an eBay seller and I noticed that this list only includes the 7 series.

Why not add everything they make and make this a master compendium?

How are Ganzo spring assisted knives? I know their manuals are excellent quality for the price, but I haven’t heard much about their assisted models. Do they make many?

I hadn’t seen one until I saw the G728 on GearBest and ordered it. When I ordered the G620 tonight I noticed a couple more like G614 and G616, but they do not say ‘assisted’ so I don’t know. The G620 says it’s assisted, so I’ll report back. We should add the 6 series to this thread. Also, I didn’t order the Damascus version because my guess is that it’s just painted on lol.

So far the G728 is very nice. It’s got a very Kershaw-like assisted opening feel with a nice size flipper lever, so it deploys like a much more expensive knife. It’s a very good design whoever they copied haha. But it’s a good implementation and what I think is a fantastic value for the $13.53 I paid for it. Someday it’ll click what it’s a clone of.

Fit and finish is really good. My sample is a hair off center to the presentation side, but half the Kershaw flippers I ever got were more off center. The edge is also very good. My loupe hasn’t arrived yet but it has a superb edge by feel and push cuts paper. Solid lockup, G10 is well done. GearBest even shipped it within a couple days. Just like the G719, this one’s a keeper.

I hunted this down:

EDIT: And yep, funny how all the Damascus versions have the same pattern. I ordered the very top one which also said ‘last one.’

Very interesting. Sound like the 728 is one I should check out, since I have no assisted openers. Thanks for the info.

So get their G719, G7211 or G7362, those are spring assisted and from what i see probably higher grade than the g620 which look cheap.

http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_281278.html

Do assisted flippers feel close to a manual ball-bearings flipper? All my flippers using nylon/bronze washers open rather smoothly (still much inferior to ball-bearings) if there’s enough oil in the pivot but it gets dry quickly.

For me, no.

They are not fast and not really smooth if you compare them to ceramic ball-bearing.

Nevertheless, thoses knives quality is fantastic for the price: 15$ !

Perhaps ganzo joins to the ball bearing fashion…

Sometimes I do a whole photo shoot only to see something come out in the photos like a hair, or in this case, a smudge. Probably less work to redo them, but at least this one should give you an idea of the fit and finish of the G728 I got.

• New G740, G7412, G7412P, G7413, G7413P added
  • Ganzo 6-series; G611, G612, G613, G614, G615, G616, G617, G618, G619, G620, G621, G622, G623, G6801 added

My mate 8steve88 has the whole G620 range. Fake Damascus, but quite well done in any event. The assist works really well. They are excellent quality knives which basically cost close to nothing!! True, the handles look a little cheap but build quality on Steve’s was spot-on.

CA law says you can have a switchblade under 2” in length (though your county and city laws may be more strict) so I ordered a Ganzo switchblade and chopped it down. A short blade on a long handle makes for a good utility blade.

Sorry Scrumpypaul, a small OT: where is 8steve88?
We lost he? :frowning:

He’s alive and kicking. I went to see him before Christmas and we email each other a lot. He’s just a bit busy with things at home at present.