GANZO KNIVES, 6&7-SERIES

Ganzo Firebird FH41 ► http://ali.pub/3sov8q
Everything, even carbon fiber, is still available, but very little.

Ganzo Firebird FH41 ► http://ali.pub/3sov8q
Everything, even carbon fiber, is still available, but very little.

Ganzo Firebird FH51 ► http://ali.pub/3kvbmq

Ganzo Firebird FH51 ► http://ali.pub/3kvbmq

On Amazon … :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Folding-Knife-Firebird-handle/dp/B07PW948RQ/ref=pd_sbs_469_t_1/131-5781061-1939937?\_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07PW948RQ&pd_rd_r=7a130cdf-ce6a-488c-9faf-15326e0212c7&pd_rd_w=kCI1s&pd_rd_wg=TexkM&pf_rd_p=5cfcfe89-300f-47d2-b1ad-a4e27203a02a&pf_rd_r=FDBWJP8KEBYZN6QJZZZP&psc=1&refRID=FDBWJP8KEBYZN6QJZZZP

Are any of the new FH Ganzos lefty friendly? It seems like the axis locks and/or thumb studs are ambidextrous, but the clips usually only have one mounting position. Looking for an FH-11 type gentleman’s folder, as well as beefier models.

The FH31 comes with reversible pocket clip. The FH11 also had a batch with reversable pocket clip.

I just started to be interested in Firebird / Ganzo knifes. Wanted some of the better looking models, they all seems to be sold out. What’s going on? When will they refill? Where’s the best place to get them with international shipping?

Ganzo had only 2 left, luckily I got 1 of them Ganzo Firebird FH31 D2 blade G10 Black Handle

Not sure where you are located… power cutlery has many different Ganzo models available.

Do you think Carbon Fiber handles are better? Or you still prefer G10 Thermoset Plastic Laminate handles?

I know you're not asking me, but I greatly prefer carbon fiber handles to G10, as long as it doesn't have any sharp edges.

I have one Ganzo knife with a CF handle, and it is very nice.

(I'm not really into G10, however.)

Define “better.” :slight_smile:

IMO, CF looks nicer and feels nicer. G10 offers better grip when wet. I’m guessing G10 is more durable as well.

Is it safe to buy Ganzo knifes on Ebay, any fakes around?

When will the new Design Firebird / Ganzo be available?

What foldable Firebird has the biggest blade?

Not sure if fake Ganzo’s are a thing, yet :smiley:

I used to buy them on Gearbest (now I don’t trust GB anymore since they were hacked a few months ago)

They seem to be priced higher on ebay.

I have bought Ganzos on eBay, Gearbest, and AliExpress without issue. I haven’t heard about any fake Ganzo knives but I suppose anything is possible. (For instance, there are plenty of illicit clones of $20 Kershaw and CRKT knives.) Shipping can take a while from AliExpress, Gearbest, and some sellers on eBay. In my experience, Amazon tends to be the fastest. I’ve heard good things about Power Cutlery but I haven’t actually bought anything there. If you use AliExpress, I’ve ordered from “GANZO Online Store” and I think that is their official company store over there.

On your previous question, I like G10 just fine. The issue of sharp edges isn’t inherent to G10 but to how companies do it. The same is true for most handle materials. Rough edges on G10 can be easily taken down with an emery board. Just use the coarse side first and then the fine side. As with any sanding, do it outside and take care not to breathe in the dust.

Hii Guys, my little boy arrived yesterday. It is Ganzo F753, and I`d like to show this amazing knife to you all.
If you need an amazon link,i`s hence Amazon.com: GANZO Firebird

So you’ve caught a fish?

I just ordered FH21 and FH51 , some of their last in stock, hope they are good.

Anyone here owning this $18 Asymmetric D2, G10 Folding Knife ?
Is it worth buying?

In my experience, the Ganzo Firebird knives have all been decent. They use real D2 and are typically high on the quality curve for their price.

The other knife, I’m not so sure. Being a no-name brand at this price; there is a substantial chance that it isn’t real D2. Sadly, there are a lot of Chinese knife makers that use 8Cr13Mov (or subpar steels like 5Cr15 or 3Cr13) at this price but then stamp “D2” on the blade to increase sales. Some brands, like Kubey and Ganzo, can generally be trusted. Some, like Fura and Eafengrow, are known offenders. Not having a known name tends to invite skepticism on my part.

All that aside, I don’t love asymmetric scales and the overall shape might create a few hot-spots. It’s hard to say without having it in hand. If you end up ordering this knife, I hope you’ll let us all know how it is once you get it.

JackyNic.

That Firebid 753 is a very nice. smooth working good metal blade.
3in blade length. G10 body.
I like that size. (For MY hands…)

Again. Same size. Harnds Knight. Copy of 3 in Kershaw model with sheepsfoot blade.
Very well made, good materials. 440c/G10.
Super strong against the Ganzo’s etc. Frame lock.

Another VERY nice. Very well made D2 blade, G10.Bearings.
Is my Y-Start —02.If you want the next size up blade. 3in+.
Good cheapies I look at. Are the Ganzo. San-Ren-Mu. Harnds and Y-Start.
Y-Start SAY D2 on blade. Don’t know?.
but it better steel (or treatment) than the Ganzo’s I have and the SRM’s. Holds very good working edge.

The handle on the Harnds Knight is eerily similar to the Kershaw Volt II. The Volt II had a comfortable handle but an odd clip. The clip on the Knight has a similarly unusual shape but looks like it might create less of a hot spot and is arguably more attractive. I actually prefer the blade shape on the Knight and I believe them when they say 8Cr14Mov. For ten bucks, it might be worth a try.

In cases like these, I have to wonder what the process was. For instance, did they set out to copy the Volt II handle on purpose? Was the Volt II just made in the same Chinese factory or by the same workers next door? Did somebody score a deal on leftover parts or tooling?

As far as Y-Start, some of their D2 knives were independently tested and came back as 8Cr13Mov. (See the data sheet below.) That’s a different story and it really rubs me the wrong way. Why not just let your design compete honestly with all the other 8Cr13Mov knives at that price? Yeah, I know why and I don’t want to reward such a business practice.

Cosmo.
The Y-Start –02 advertised as D2. Came back from your testing graph as 8CR13.
BUT Tested HIGHER than the rating for D2 (Better heat??) I know it holds and works with a great edge.

Yes, The Knight and Volt are pretty much the same.
The Knight. You won’t be sorry. Niiiiice.
Clips?.
They don’t bother me. They the first thing to come off ALL my knives.
I detest them.
Metal.
No Matter which you use.
It’s the treatment that makes the difference.
D2 bad heat. rubbish. 8cr14. Good treatment.
Better than bad D2.

I’ve used 440c since it came out. and with a decent bladesmith.
It’s as good as 98% of all “working” steels.
Wouldn’t go below the 8CR13/14 though. From a decent mfg.
3/5/7cr. RuNNNNnnnnnnnnnnn.

I’d be happy with decently treated 440c with ALL my blades,
excepting chef’s of course.
Although Wusthof are Bohler X50crMov15 in most of theirs.
Which is equal to a good 440c or better than properly treated 8cr14 steel.
You won’t fault their blades as Western Chef knives. Over 40 yrs from my last 8in.
But Jap are THE blades for cutting\slicing.
with Bohler and Swedish steel for heavier duty work.

If you make or buy a sheath for it.
Around the camp. a Wusthof 50cr14, or Mundial 45cr14. In a 6in Petty.
Make the perfect cooking, cutting, slicing, tool.
Any bigger. AXE. Bigger again, Chain Saw.

Too big a folder for a job. soon turns into a 3 finger hand.
Longer, fixed.You can’t control the blade when exerting max pressure or less.
I change to Small SHARP, axe. Around the 5 to 5-1\4in, max blade length.
4 and a half in. I find Perfect mainly.
Butchering different again.

My Knives go from 2 in to 12 in. Jap. Euro, and US.
And I’m still buying Drrrrrrr.

These toy knives ain’t too bad. Financially BUT… Do NOT start on the Japanese Cooking blades. They empty your back pocket. REAL quick.
I have 11 and no change from $3 and a half grand.