GAW high cri Soraa flashlight modders needed. cost free! You pay actual shipping

i will take a shot at fixing them.

Will see what i can do. ok 3 set aside for you, still putting the rest of the order together.

A PM might be the way to go.

My intent is not so much for folks to “fix” them (a popular reaction I’m finding) but to use them in some hand held aka flashlight like device. My idea is that they might be able to be used for parts (most excellent emitter, way cool heat sink,optics) heck maybe the buck converter driver is usable?

If it turns out we are on the same page, they are yours.

Since these are basically COB LEDs they probably contain boost converters.

I have started to play with the ones I recieved, in my dead ones it seems like it is the LED that actually died, looks like heat damage as the phosphor layer has visible cracks in it. Interesting LED, on the side opposite the emitting side you get what looks like the back of a bare die.

The driver is indeed a boost driver, and is actually quite interesting. It appears to be a constant wattage driver, which outputs 10W at up to about 44V from a ~12V input. I took the output down to about 14V and up to about 42V, and it was 10W output everywhere. If the output is driven below the input voltage the current begins to spike, so it won’t allow any lower voltages.

The optic is very nice, about the right size for a P60. I’m going to shave down the edges a tiny bit and build one into just that.