GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16

I’d like one with NW

One 3C …copper MCPCB

I’ll take a 3C

Put me down for 2 please, one of each NW & CW.

I will take 2 of each tint!

I almost bought one of these a few weeks ago, glad I waited :slight_smile:

Edit: P.S. Krono - the house you used in your review of the D80 is creepy as sh!t at night! Looks like something straight out of a horror movie.

If you change the Emitter to an XM-L2 you might just find the driver won’t be able to do 4+ amps anymore since XM-L2s are showing up with higher forward voltage. Its just a mosfet driver (direct drive with modes) in the LuckySun D80.

Or are new shipments of 1A and 3C XM-L2s not yet turning up with high vf?

That is why the samples for demonstration. :) Also keep in mind that our very own lumen monster (Dale) will undoubtedly try Wight's A17DD-SO8 driver in it...as well as try and figure out how to make this thing a multi-emitter light. LOL

This light...like a couple others..past and future...are more than worth their price point :) Nice little thrower in such a small package.

I am in for a 3C if PWM is unnoticeable.
Thanks!!

I’m in for:
–1 3C
–1 1A

Thanks

I’m in for two.
One 1A and one 3C.
Thanks!

Trouble is, all the modding is of no use for a large percentage of people who buy “custom” group buy lights.

Let’s face it an XM-L2 on Wights driver will perform pretty much the same no matter what host it is in. But if you aren’t in the USA and can’t/don’t want to assemble the drivers, then they are a complete non option without massively increasing the price.

To be honest, while I value Dales contributions, talents and abilities. I simply wish he would not do any of that with lights like this when under a “custom” group buy.

I’m sure I speak for many here when all we want is a light that’ll perform to expectations drummed up in the BLF thread.

$20 sounds great, but for me to get the driver you speak of means another $30 and then doing something I don’t want to do and would likely end up messing up. Which means I could end up shelling out $50 and only have a broken torch at the end of it.

I’d rather pay $30-33 and get something that works straight off without the need to change every part of it after purchase.

Sure moddding is fun, but that’s why you buy cheap under performing lights.

In for one 3C (but preferably 4C)

1 NW please

1 NW please. :smiley:

The emitter will...just in all other lights be it Fenix, Nitecore, etc etc. What does change is the beam profile. For example.."I" would not like to use this D80 for what "I" do at work (I like a bigger spot or more flood) BUT the guys that work on the coasters would love this one which is why two are going to them :) As much as I even like tube lights...they would hate them for that purpose.

Not necessarily but to even go into that further would serve no purpose but to derail this thread. I do not know if you have one of these D80's but I can say that even in stock form I like it. I just do not like the UI and I find blinky modes to be of no use in everyday usage..although some may.

I never meant to imply that he would do any of that during the group buy. The whole point of that statement is to remind people that anything can be possible.

By no means do I have the experience that others do here but I can honestly say that I tried the sub $20 stuff and other than the Convoy or EE I was not happy. To me it seems like the quality begins at the $20..not always but more often than not. I agree with "ready out of the box" but that is why they send samples out for review.

Maybe I am more optimistic than most - dunno. This LS D80 is a great light as it is. Any changes that they can make will only make this thing better. The same thing happened with the X6-SE...still a better light than what they started with. :)

Dale won’t be modifying the sample light. All the measurements and such will be as it came to me. As it would come to you.

If, after the group buy, I modify it then I’ll report that separately. I know it got confusing with the X6 so I’ll wait if I mod this light and report it later on after the dust settles. :wink:

If it’s the performer Krono seems to think it is, I won’t be modifying it at all. I like to keep one stock on occasion if it deserves it. :bigsmile:

Well, thanks for doing this for us again. You’re a real glutton for punishment.

I’d be in for two 3C units.

Off-time memory is not the same a last mode memory. But I’m not that picky, I was just curious.

I’ll take it with this new UI and the XM-L2 3C

Thank you!

I do not need, i didnt like, but to help reach 200 units …
Add me one 3C :bigsmile: