[GB ended,discussion only] CRI > 80+ NICHIA 2000K-6500K [E21A/219B/219C/319A/144A/757GT-F1(Optisolis)]

Ohhhh yeah, keep ’em coming clemence!

How about 580nm?
Also very rare, so i have noticed…

did you mean 480nm?

Yeah, 480nm (cyan) is rare too, but so is 480nm (pure yellow, not ‘amber’)
[edit] cyan is 490nm [/edit]

Grats and good work chouster !

Thank you ISO and others for your nice words, I appreciate it.

Ok, we got the order made from Clemence and he should be shipping it out to us on Monday.

At which point it should be delivered to both myself and chouster by the end of the month at which point we will re-pack and re-ship them out to everyone on our lists.

Now in other news, for those in the US you still have a chance to get your hands on some of these LED’s.

I have a bill coming up and need some funds to cover it so I will be selling 10 of my 219C 5000k and 10 of the 319A 5000K LED’s.

So if anyone wants to add these to your order or if anyone else wants in from North America, let me know!

Updated the list again, I have 8 more 319A 5000k and 9 more 219C 5000k for sale.

I’ll take 3x 219C in 5000K.

Sounds good, I sent you the payment instructions.

This might not be the right place to ask, if not I’ll delete this post and start another topic.
I know this sale has ended but I might get in the next one. Which one of these nichia LEDs would be the best choice for home lighting powered by solar energy 12V set-up? It’s a small room but I still would prefer multiple lightning points.

You really don’t want any lightning points in anything you build unless you can harness the lightning power into electricity which will be something huge for mankind :slight_smile: :+1:

Only one LED type in this group buy matching your criteria for it’s efficiency: the NVSW319A sm 655 Ra7000
When you really need efficiency then you have to forget lighting quality, at least for current technology. Cree is better in this matter.

If space and budget aren’t the primary concern you better off with low powered LED. You can get as high as 200 lumen/watt from a very high Ra9080 or Ra95 LED with extremely low current, let’s say 40-50mA. Check this: NF2L757G-F1 or this NF2W757G-F1
Of course you’ll need plenty of LED to get acceptable brightness. As a bonus, the disturbing glare will be minimal, the uniformity also much better than single point source lighting system.

- Clemence

Thanks. Extra payment sent.

Any of them would work, the bigger issue is what tint you want and how you want the light to act.

The 144A would be a good option since you have the voltage to use it.

You could also run 4 219C or 319A in series to get the same voltage though.

Around 3000K is nice for home use.

Thx clemence, I can’t seem to find any price on the 2 leds you suggested do you have a guesstimate on how much they would cost? I hve been looking at high cri LED stripsbut they were out ofmy budget (can’t realy remember the price)
As for efficiency vs quality of light I would go for the quality of light. I’m sick and tired of low quality light. For a flashlight it’s ok but with the long winter nights I really need quality lighting. I feel like I am ruining my eyes with those low quality things.
I would be using some kind of a diffuser (maybe let a friend glasblower go creative and lightly sandblast his creation) and use like 3or4 leds per lighting point ,each point controlled by an CCCV module or something so I can adjust the current to the amount light needed for the task at hand (I am still fooling around with this).

The room is actually a trailer build out of wood (except for the chassis of course) which I am going to rebuild completely. So I am still far of implementing the lights but with this groupbuy I thought I might as well allready buy the LEDs and play around with em just to get an Idea.

Hmmm I was thinking of putting them in parallel as I thought that would be more efficient but honestly I really have no clue just fooling around. If you have some links about parallel vs series connection that would be a great help.
As for color temp I was thinking about neutral for above the cooking plate and then go to warm for the “living” area and maybe even use amber for above the bed but I’m not sure about the amber. I’ll have to order some and see how they work out and how they render the colors of the skin (you know I don’t like making love to corps/alien looking woman)

Seems 144AM (6V) is the way to go for your application. Actually a single 144AM is 4 x 219C in 2P2S config.
I don’t sell those 757 Nichias. The price is approx. 1/3 219C.

- Clemence

Make ceiling and walls white and you will need less light in the first place. (obvious)

I would use simple step down CC LED drives for 12 Volts.
Cheap on Chinese webshops and they work fine.

Allright I’l order some next go-around.
@jerommel: yep that’s what I’m fooling around with now, well at least I think it is: buck and buck/boost