[GB ended,discussion only] CRI > 80+ NICHIA 2000K-6500K [E21A/219B/219C/319A/144A/757GT-F1(Optisolis)]

And also an unnecessary bonus in additional price. Buying Noctigons directly from Hank (Intl-outdoor.com) is faster,easier, and cheaper. I bought many from him for personal uses only. He’s currently has one of the best commercial DTP boards in the world (if I ignore the red masking paint).

Thank you Clemence for all you do.
I pray this fiasco turns out for the best.

I polished up my first 144A light today (fixed LVP and modes ect).

I used one of my first “real” lights from over 10 years ago as the host. An ultrafire WF-500 : http://www.dx.com/p/ultrafire-wf-500-3-cree-flashlight-2x18650-7933

It is actually a pretty nice host, very well made. The only downside is that it is a P60 style light with no thermal path to the outside. So I stuffed the cavity full of aluminum foil to take care of that. Careful with the pill though, there is a screw holding it together behind the driver.

I put 3x 144A 4500k 90CRI LED’s in it on djozz’s mcpcb’s and just used an old school FET only zener modded driver I had left over (you might be getting the idea by now that this was a “use what I got in the spare parts bin project, you would have guesses correct).

I then used really really long 26awg wires in order to reduce the current, as much wire as would fit in the driver cavity.

Setup the old star firmware to a few modes and fired it up.

Pulls about ~5A off of some laptop cells and ~7.5 off 30Q’s.

It was making about 3500 lumens @ 5A and I tested it on the bench prior to installing it and it reached over 5k lumens at 10A. Not bad at all.

It did have the egg yolk beam issue, even with the triple, Slicing the dome on one of them helped but didn’t fix it. It did cause a loss in output though.

So I decided to turn it into a flooder photo light of sorts. I added some DC Fix to the glass and they cleaned the beam right up and made it a lot more floody. Dropped the lumens some, now it sits right around 3000 OTF with laptop cells between the sliced dome and the DC fix but it is an amazing tint and really nice.

Heat is also about right, it can handle the ~5A until the cells die without overheating, so glad I went with the thin wires.

Overall a nice light that I am finding myself using more and more for up close stuff.

In other news I have some 5000k 319A’s laying around that I have been trying to figure out what to do with. I think I finally decided to build a 12X mega M6 with them with them setup in 4S3P to hopefully crack between 12-14k lumens.

Once I get the spacer for it I should have all the other parts laying around here from past projects.

But does someone have a license to import license paper?

What happens if they too are waiting on their license

:person_facepalming: :confounded:

Whenever stock comes in I will be in for quite a few of these. If we buy multiple tints with the total number of emitters being over 10, do we still get the small 0.30 discount?

Ideally I would want 5 each of

219C 2700K
219C 3000K
219C 3500K
219C 5700K
319A 3000K
319A 6500K

And 2 of

144A 5700K

But I might go 4 each of the 219 and 319 emitters if they will be $4 per.

Check the OP for discount calculation, in short yes, you can combine all the same priced items to get the discount. I’m still waiting for the certificate papers to show up here. Fingers knotted

- Clemence

Missed that line in the OP. Awesome. Hoping everything works out for you.

Clemence, can you source some 119C, or do you know where I can buy some?

Yes I can, PM please

Are you going to have the 9080 in the next batch? Can I reserve now?

Yes, there are many 9080’s but still held at the custom. Can’t really promise you anything. Still working on it.

Progress update 170525:
I finally got the license paper from the district government. One more step (one more different license) from the Indonesian custom department and all those Nichias will be freed.

Thank you for being patient,
Clemence

Great news!

I’d like 14 of the 219B 9080 in 4500K when they’re available. Thanks!

Wow you’re really working hard for us there man. Running from here to there just to get us those nice tints, thanks. I guess it’s not a pleasure having to deal with all that.

Please put me down for 12 of the 9080’s. I must have some this round.

If it’s not too early I’d buy 4 of the 9080s. Got 2 last round but getting parts together for two triples, so haven’t used them yet. Very much want that enhanced red in a small efficient floody.

Steve, I built a triple with the 9080 leds for someone and did not manage to get any for myself. The spike in the red spectrum is completely awesome! The tint will take a little getting used to, but once you do… all I can say is wow! It almost looks a tad muddy at first, but after you use it a few moments the muddy shift is gone to your eye. If only I could get a couple of quad DTP MCPCB’s I would be set! I am about to be reduced to begging for the stars. I need one for an S41S and for a P60 dropin.

You mean like these new MTN Quad boards ?