Gearbest's Father's Day Giveaway - 4 lights! WINNERS LIST IN POST 95

My Father passed when I was 23. He was always a caring, unselfish parent who loved his family.

althought my father departed on early years on his life I always heard from him ’’ Always treat someone how you want to be treated’’ thats one of many life lessons i’ve always heard from him that i can share with my two kids.

My father reminds me constantly to be a better dad than him.

my Dad was a marine in the WWll Pacific theater, would never talk about it, at all
he was John Wayne to me, busted his knuckle in a road rage incident, drove himself to the hospital (the other guy got up and was driven off by his fem)
only time he lost it with me was when I chased my sis with a garter snake, his one phobia
his garage/man cave was a sanctuary for any squirrel that accepted treats
my one-man cat Sam, never let anyone else near her until I could no longer keep her, and she settled into his lap purring, nepotism?
hard case guy had eye problems watching TV, any Disney flick with emotion (Old Yeller, et al)
otherwise was ‘hard as nails’ unless you asked him nice, then he was putty

glad I’m not like that at all
butt I see him a lot in the mirror every morning
and that’s fine with me

My Father taught me to be a good Father, and take my kids everywhere I can, and to experience things many adults don’t make the time to do. So I (we) do.

From my father, I’ve learned to value unconditional love.

When I was a little boy I always looked up on my father. He is my example, my hero, my friend. He gave everything for us his family. He worked worked as a janitor while studying. He worked hard for him to become a Lawyer. Now, all I want for him is to take a break from hectic schedules and I will fullfil that when I graduate next year. I will make him proud! He always said “always be humble in every aspect of your life”

My father is a humble man who works harder than anyone I know. He would do anything for me and his love allows me to show the same dedication to my daughter. It is yet to be known what she will say if me:)

My dad is still alive and still shows concern for my family. He still sends daily quotes of encouragement. Super nice guy, worked hard to feed us 6 kids, and still working because we cost so much. Glad he likes what he does for work!

My father always found something positive in any bad situation.

A man who just generates a new life is not a father, a father is much more than that whish truly cannot be explained in words.

My father got me into interesting hobbies, like bicycling, cars, DIY. Even though he is not the best at any of these crafts/trades he was able to fix most things by himself.

My dad contributed some DNA.

My late father was a nice guy, so I inspire to be just like him (and like the rest of the forumers here :beer: )

My dad took me off to our local motorcycle shop on my 15th birthday and let me buy a real motorcycle 71Yamaha DT250 …On our way back from vacation we’d always stop at a dairy queen and he’d say “You can have as many banana splits as you want .only rule is you have to finish them .” My pop is a great guy …ask anyone :slight_smile:

My father grew up on a farm with very high morals and work ethic. He never hired out any jobs, did everything himself, mechanics, plumbing, carpentry, electrical. I have never seen a man who could outwork him until the last few years, he’s almost 79 now. He built a new house in his early fifties and tried to pay it off in a few years, he worked 16 hour days 6 days a week and 12 hours on Sunday and got an award for most hours worked 3 years in a row. I have his morals but there is no way I could ever match his work ethic. No one ever leaves his home hungry, if you walk in the door you will be eating something before you leave, he feeds everyone.

My father has been the epitome of humility, kindness and strength for my entire life. He’s a war vet, but never mentions it. He’s accomplished in so many areas, but never boasts. He will give you the most sound advice, but never puts you down. I can only hope to be that kind of father to my five children someday.

Hopefully he will appreciate the two drill packs I rebuilt for him for Father’s Day!

My Fathers day, for me at least is a reminder on how not to do it. My Father always puts himself first, never told us he loved us or spend any time with us that he did not have too. Gifts, after my parents were divorced, were reserved and for birthdays and Christmas and always chosen by my Mother who he later often forgot to pay. He was cold and self-centred to extraordinary degrees and boy could he hold a grudge if you crossed him or if he felt let down by you. The lesson I learned from my Dad was how not to be a father and now I have two boys of my own I remind myself of him when I am tired and would rather not play with the boys (I force myself too) when it comes to homework when I would rather watch TV I sit down and do it with them and gift buying is something I do personally and with considerable research. As for telling them I love them, not a day goes by when I don’t hug them and tell them so.

When my Father died I found out he had written my sister and me out of his will. My sister because of her life choices she’s a bit of a hippy but harmless and me because I told a doctor that he was not ready to come home when he was in the hospital with emphysema a few years back. His funeral was almost unattended and watching the priest struggle to say something nice about him bordered on the humorous.

Fathers day reminds me of him, sometimes painfully but it also pushes me to do better for my own kids and I think I do.

My father taught me to get ahead with my own effort!!

Fathers day is when I think about my father (dad) who passed in 1989, all he has done for me, and all he had not.
He was a World War Two veteran serving in the US Navy, in the south pacific. He had many stories of that time.
Growing up we (my brothers and I) heard them many times over and over. Now I do wish to hear them again.