German customs retain lights without safety label?

The reviews weren't all positive, but I don't know any flashaholic who likes LL. But thats not the point. I think its an independent forum, I cannot see any advertising even with Adblock+ switched off.

I don't care if I get banned there, I'm scared of not getting my beloved lights anymore!

this whole mess might also be the reason why the turnigy accucel 6 isn't available for the last few weeks from their german warehouse.

At least the European "Low Voltage Directive" (LVD 2006/95/EC) is only for devices using 50..1000V AC and/or 75..1500V DC.

Therefore it would make sense that customs would require CE mark for chargers, but not for flashlights.. Or is there still some other directive required for flashlights?

=the=

…until the Chinese manufacturers start putting the CE logo on all the electronics. If it will help sales to put a little CE beside the “PantsonFire 120000 lumen” label, they will do it in a second.

In that case CE simply means "China Export"

PantsonFire

I can´t breath...

No more China stuff?

I mean who can afford about 2-3k to be spent (that's 1 stupid Polarion PH40 per month) on flashlights per month?

Even Dereelight would not pass.

Did anyone here on the forum get "busted" by german customs? I for my part am still receiving my beloved yellow envelopes with the "usual" delay they have when customs opens them or puts new stickers on them. Let's hope it stays that way.

I hope it was false alarm. Today I got 8(!) yellow envelopes (the postman must think I'm nuts), some were obviously opened but all were delivered to my door without problems.

I got among other things: Solarforce L2T host, UF-H2B headlamps, AVR ISP, driver and emitter, all without any label

Yeah, first gotta eat the low quality food to survive, then go to the doctor. No cheap flashlights.

Hmm, I ordered an Eastward YJ J09 4-Mode from DX 2011-06-06 and got a tracking number on 2011-06-27. But on the 2011-07-27 the "Status Tracking" said "departure from transit office of exchange GERMANY to GUANGZHOU 2011-07-27". What is going on there? Was it rejected by German customs? That is definitely a first for me. Luckily it was tracked shipping and DX promised to reship or refund. Still... I am a little worried for my Sipik SK68 and DQC tiny AAA that are on the way to me.

item No. Year Status Destination Country Location Date
RA########### 2011 departure from transit office of exchange GERMANY GUANGZHOU 2011-07-27

Ordered one Tank UV light last month at manafont. Went through the customs without problems.

Sticker on the envelope mentions clearance at Frankfurt Airport, don't know if they all do.

From what I've read over at the rc-network forums the items are not shipped back to the country of origin without further notice and horrendous costs for the buyer.

I have a DGQ coming too, let's hope the best. Keep us updated.

Regards

DX replied and said that the order is back on it's way to HK. :-(

Got my Sipik and DQG without problems, so it might be a false alarm. We will see how this develops in the future. Still no feedback from DX on the Eastward....