GLOCK KaBoom!

i've gotten enough lead on the front of revolver's cylinder to have to disassemble it and wire wheel it off

and that was with factory sjhp!

"lead away" cloth works great for this on stainless revolvers

right!

i put 100 rounds through that rifle before cleaning the lead out. I think it'd be near impossible to squib a bolt action .22 from lead deposits.

true story - I ran a couple dozen weapon qualification range events while in the army. After one was finished I fired all the the left over (loose) ammo (roughly 300 rounds) because anything not still sealed/tagged ammo cans has to be counted (daily) until your turn in line at the depot. It was dark (since qualification includes night fire), and I just fired it as fast as I could. Well, the bullet of the LAST round I fired stuck in the barrel, and I didn't find out until I cleaned the rifle.

talk about lucky...

note: I doubt lead had much to do with it. that thing was HOT, partially because of the tracer rounds :)

Correct me if I am wrong, it has been over 3 decades since I was in the army but the ammo we shot was "ball" ammo which was actually a steel bullet with a lead core. It did not lead foul the barrel but the cladding on the bullet and the powder did. You are right that the tracers would foul the crap aout of the barrel. <rant on> I really love when morons on TV think that the FMJ ammo they get in the gun shop is the same as military FMJ Ball ammo. Like when the Mythbusters were shooting a .50 cal in a pool with FMJ ammo that fraged on contact with the water. I would like to have seen the pool if they had used military ball or armor piercing ammo. <rant off>

I remember in boot camp when I got stuck on range guard duty and the range officer told us to fire up all the open M60 ammo. WOOHOO!!! Yo Rambo!

This is nothing new before Glocks were around it was the target 1911s going boom and wheel guns certainly aren't immune either.

From the mouths of Glock.

"The cause of this malfunction was traced to issues with a purposely oversized (loose), and partially unsupported chamber in Glock's pistols chambered in .40 S&W, .45 GAP, and 10mm. The chamber lacks full support in the rear by the feed ramp in order to facilitate feed reliability. The lack of support in the chamber, usually combined with lead bullets, reloaded ammunition, or poor-quality factory ammunition, would cause the case to fail. The subsequent rapid expansion of gas into the chamber caused the cartridge casing to expand beyond normal specifications near the feed ramp at which time the casing would rupture, sometimes damaging the polymer frame and usually ejecting the magazine downwards out of the pistol grip."

The American Indians weren't very inventive, most of the stuff we use came from European origins either directly or indirectly.

I don't know if it is a steel jacket. if it is I think they must coat the steel or it would cause more wear?

---

that statement from glock sounds to me like somebody did a 'custom' job on one of their pistols, not like they manufactured it that way.

---

revolvers aren't immune to failures to fire, either. i just like em :)

Glocks are one of the most reliable firearms in the world, they dont just KB randomly for no reason ...way too many people on the internet doing stupid things then wanting attention for a KB...

we didn't slaughter nearly as many as we gave smallpox.

You did not know that 99% of all modern technology in the US has origins in Croatia? I thought the entire world was aware of this.

My Cherokee ancestors lived a near stone-age existence. They eschewed most innovation, as evidenced by their children's toys. While the toys had wheels, all goods were dragged around on travois well after what passed for roads had been established.

It would appear that the good genes were all sent our way.

I Love my XD's. V10, Sub-Compact, Standard and Tactical in 9mm, 40S&W and 45ACP

Plurality seems a misnomer.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone…

As a self-proclaimed anti-American rhetor, do you actually think your effluent garners any more than sympathy? For the author?

I consider the source, then dismiss it.

geniuses

Exactly what I said!

WELaughing

Yes, yes we are very smart, so smart that we had prime minister that robbed half a country in front of our eyes. And after that a woman prime minister that was first hand of former one, but has an iq of nickel coin and lives in illegally bought apartment which even resulted in suicide of former owner.

But yes, we are smart... very smart... ingenious...

I basically look at my Springfield XD 9mm as an improved Glock

Lets see if we can talk about Croatia in every thread please. The two threads that I am following have been hijacked by Croatia.