going camping....whats the brightest headlamp $40 can buy?

Oh, and try and find a head light that out throws a well driven q5 in a c8 reflector…… Mine draws about 1.5a or so from limpfire 3000’s and generally manages a good six - eight hours on off use, flicking through modes as is necessary, or put another way, I keep two 18650’s in the van, one in the light, one in the plastic case, I rarely recharge more than twice a month :bigsmile:

My brother has a 300 LUMEN FOREHEAD BONFIRE from Bright Medic (currently on sale for $29.95). He loves it and I’ve been pretty impressed as well. It was designed for rescue personnel, so it’s more of a professional grade product (real, functional lens and everything), and you’re not going to find it at camping stores. It has adjustable spread/throw and is bright enough to damage your eyes if you stare at it. After my brother got his, our dad had to get one himself, and at this sale price (which I didn’t know about until I just looked up the site) I’m thinking I might have to get one myself.

Coincidentally enough my brother (the primary mechanical designer for Jenesis International ) is working on a proposal for the bosses to try and convince them to let us design our own headlamp.

Forget all those headlamps, get a Fenix HL30 and do your job. The advantages?A lot:
-A quality product that you can trust,
-within price range,
-Current controlled levels no PWM
–2 AA batteries, easily found everywhere in all cases

I would never trust a ultrafire headlamp with lithium battery in my head, as most suggest here.

my friend with the zoomie headlamp said the same thing with 18650 batteries which is why his headlamp uses 3aaa’s.
it was pretty bright, and that zoomable feature is very cool.

but i wanted something brighter than his. i thought it was only unsafe if you use multiple 18650 or cr123’s?

well, anyways, i just went ahead and ordered the uf h6 from manafont tonight. thanks your guys suggestions.
i sure hope its brighter than my buddies…

There is a small posibility for a lithium to explode. Small, but exists. I wouldn’t like it to explode in my head. This is why i use lithium batteries only with hand flashlights.
Also, a ultrafire flashlight, with low quality electronics, have higher possibility to make a battery explode. This is why i use AA based headlamps and of a quality one, batteries&flashlights.
Anyway, the most possible is that you won’t have any problems and i hope you won’t have bad luck!