Good 2xaa that can throw for night patrol?

Olight ST-25 is a step-up from the S15, much brighter, though thow not quite as much as some other lights (130 metres).

Dereelight javelin is what i would suggest to anyone, you can change the dropin for almost any p60, with whatever LED you can find or want to try. I had bought a nitecore mt2a to replace it, but it just didn’t come close because of the lack of after market upgrade options that couldn’t be done to it really.

Forget 2xAA if you want throw. Go 1xAA and a good cheap Sipik SK68 or clone.

Nothing mentioned above can live with it as regards throw.

On AA SK68 will loose to 2AA throwers, won’t be even close, and if you get no so good version it will loose on 14500 as well. Add to it ugly beam when zoomed, build quality, runtimes, luck of regulation and UI.

UltraFire C3 maybe?

or extend an SK68 with this:
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1088901

edit: It might fit, it might not…

I got a 2xAA 1-mode Fandyfire C3 from FT (https://www.fasttech.com/product/1700407) last week, and while it’s pretty bright, I don’t know if I’d want to rely on it for patrol duty.

It works pretty well with 2xAA, but I was kind of surprised that it was very iffy with 1xAA, and searching here, found that the C3s have a rep for difficulty with the contacts, which is via blobs of solder on the negative ring (at least on the FF C3).

It is a kind of fun casual light if it works though.

C3 tube won’t fit SK68.

Hmm… well, the fake C3 from ebay does fit 3 of my 4 fake sk68s…
These things are always a bit of a gamble i suppose…

I have the extension tube from FT and it doesn’t fit my SK68 clones. Well, it fits in a way, but it doesn’t screw all the way into the body and have problem making contact because of anodised threads of the tube and wobbling batteries.

Hi AnimalMother. I'm with fashination, the Starry Light SA-22. It 4AA light, not 2AA but it's beam and form factor seems perfect for field duty. Can really light up an area on high too.

BLF Edition SA-22 Cree XM-L2 U2 Led 4AA battery 4mode flashlight
Budget alternative!

I have the Thrunite Archer 1AA and it's a very nice thrower even on a single Eneloop (but better still on a 14500). 2AA version is same head and XP-G2 emitter with more output. Solid and oozes quality.

The Olight S15 on 2AA is a great light but the XM-L makes it more floody than the Archer. I use mine a lot.

Dereelight Javelin is a solid option with the XP-E being the pick of the bunch for throw. You can get an extender to run 3AAs which opens up a raft of Li-Ion based P60 dropins. The 3AA option is not as unwieldy as you may imagine. You can even get the "shorty" body and extender to run a single 16340 or 14500 if you later move to Li-ion and want a pocket rocket. It's a great Lego light.

FourSevens Quarks (or whatever coding they use now) have always been well regarded.

None of these hold a candle to the Sunwayman D40A or the Nitecore EA4 though. 4AA opens up another level of performance altogether!

the site is back, got bought out?
its cheaper then the group buy price, is shipping extra i wonder

Probally a Nitecore MT2A like mentioned here before.

I’m going to recommend the slightly older fenix E21, I upgraded mine to a dedomed XP-E2 and it does 13kcd at 3v, intensity may suffer slightly at 2.4v but should still be over 10k on eneloops and the UI is perfect for duty use, head tight = high, head loose = low with a forward clicky for momentary use, no cycling threw modes.

Edit: if your an actual cop (or other first responder) and not just a cadet/security guard I’d be happy to do the emitter swap for you at no cost, I’ll even provide the XP-E2 and return shipping, just purchase one and have it shipped to me and I’ll forward it on to you, work would only take one day.

The Archer throws just 3kcd, you really need a wider reflector and an xpe(2) for a bit of throw.

The sk68 can be pretty reliable, it is just that on alkalines the throw is not more than 3kcd, only on 14500 I get 12kcd (and if you are a modding enthousiast: I modded an sk68 up to 39kcd :bigsmile: )

Selfbuilt likes the new Thrunite Nutron in 2xAA

Really good run times and LOTS of lumens