Got a Kurig coffee machine, its great

Brings back memories of my old man brewing Folgers in a percolator using spring water and a camp fire while fishing on the Brazos River. That stuff would put lead in your pencil.

Steve

Check the box. That isn’t a plastic ring. It’s make out of corn starch and is also compostable.

hmm keurig.
the coffee maker you have to hack to make it work the way you want.
i liken them to inkjet printers.
big waste of money unless you hack them and refill the cartridges.

I would stay away from fully automatic coffee machines
In every machine you will find tons of mold in the brew group and milk frother

not to mention those plastic cups are not only not biodegradable they may be(probably are) toxic when heated.
a bad idea all around.
add drm to the mix and its pure toxic trash.

and

done

I have several brewing systems in here but my favorite is clever dripper.

I think the result is a combination of french press and v60.

fwiw, I’m a home roaster…

no matter what/how you prepare coffee, you should try some fresh roasted coffee
hopefully from a local roastery if avail, otherwise plenty online. Prob the best deal
is 5 lbs of fresh roasted coffee shipped for as little as $5x.xx

I’ve had their Brazil Sweet Blue before. Awesome stuff.

I recently found a local roaster that uses beans from the same farm and does a nice job roasting them.

I typically order in smaller quantities though, just because it takes me about a month to go through 2 lbs of beans, and wife complains if I throw too much coffee in the freezer. :slight_smile:

I know what the box says. When I check my composter after 8 months, the rings are still the, uncomposted, after everything else has broken down.

obviously the solution is to buy another freezer but be gracious, give her half of a shelf :slight_smile:

The inlaws got a Keurig which we used in our level of their house on our visit last month.
We like strong coffee and the Kirkland Pacific Bold K-Cups they provided were all that …and more.
I ended up opting for the mug instead of the cup option by the last day.

Yeah,sorry about that. My bad. Should have read your post better. A while back, a kid came up with the eco-tees for golf. Corn starch and Elmer’s glue. I think they were coated with wax so they didn’t decompose until the tee broke. Wonder if this rings are similarly coated? Also, don’t know if this was on the original bags, but the ones I get now say they are compostable in an industrial plant, not back yard composer.

roasting our own coffee is somewhat a contemplation, at least for me.
While roasting using frying pan, I also found that teflon coated pan works better than ceramic worked pan.

I’ve roasted my own beans for upwards of 13 years using a Hearthware iRoast v.1 and it still works, even though they’re long out of business.

When I’m out of green beans from Sweet Marias, I just buy what’s on sale at my grocer. Eight O’Clock Colombian Peaks is usually what I buy.

Chris