Got the Thrunite TN 35 Disappointed and returned questions

Got my replacepent TN35 today and it is pristine. that other one had to be used. i still had to contact trunite for the proper lanyard, but i can wait for that. it’s a keeper for what i need it to do.

I also bought my TN35 from Illumn when they had a sale and I’m pretty darn happy with it, the MTG2 is a nice LED in the NW and really puts out a lot of light, even though I’m more a a thrower fan I do like this light for all that light nice warm creamy sort of light it puts out and the company Illumn is top notch, they have done me really good on a couple of past issues and I would highly recommend them.

i had to use amazon because of a gift card offer, otherwise i would have bought it from illum. it only cost me $40.

Well this is just an opinion but if you only paid $40 for a new TN35 and your concerned about a few scratches I’d suggest perhaps stop complaining, that is a steal for a $100 plus light.
I paid $80 with a big discount and there’s stuff you can use to fix up those nick’s and scratches called Birtchwood Casey black, it’s normally used on guns and it’s like a paint but durable like anodizing once applied, comes in a pen like a Sharpie pen and it fills those chipped off ano spots really well, I use it to fix peoples lights and they have tried to find where the damage was and can’t find it once applied properly.

I beg to differ, if I receive a gift card from someone for birthday or a offer for signing up for a cc anything. I would be disappointed if I received a used light.

If I bought second hand on blf. I expect some wear and tear and price usually reflects it. I wouldn’t settle just because I only paid 40 and someone else paid the rest as a gift. That’s just me though. And we didn’t see pictures of the light in question. It may have been in rough shape. Maybe not so much. The important thing is thrunite replaced it no hassle or issue with a unit the way it should look.

Think about your issues with with the buffalo or the other light you wouldn’t want to settle with the issues because you got it at s GB discount price and not full price. In fact you didn’t settle, you made sure haikelight was going to make it right. Which is understandable. Purchasing something new, should come per packaged by the factory and work as the factory specifies. Settling with issues shouldn’t be necessary

i agree speed goal. because this light was discontinued, i was suspect that they were passing off seconds as new. thats why amazon is helpful in those cases. there was dust under the lens from the ill fitting bezel. at what point would i return a new light? if it was scratched on the outside i could care less. add up all the items and it was an easy choice to start over with a new one.

Too bad you didn't see this K40 vn.