Grandma needs a flashlight!

I did a little system for mate’s mum recently.
She 86. I worked with her husband.
4 x 5m + 1 x 1mtr. White LED self adh strips.
One in her bedroom along centre of ceiling, with several plaster tacks for security,
one along hall at skirting board height. One along Kitchen ceiling above workbench. and one round the centreline of lounge wall on lounge side.
Wired together to 2 x switches. 1 beside bed. 1 beside lounge chair.
Then to a motorcycle battery (Actually DONATED… by local bike shop when I was in there to buy one. He has an old fart dad to.
Then to 6a reg, and up to an old 40w Solar panel of mine from carport roof.
So Batt always full. She can forget and leave on forever and it’ll still be going.(for life of battery anyway)
Cost $80AUDish. (Plus Batt. Reg and panel). But a 4a Charger will do same thing Plus she can walk all around the whole livable areas of home. SAFELY…
With a $10, side button AA battery torch beside back door.
Just in case outside.

Took 3 cups of tea. LOTS of chatting. and a lovely Mud Cake to finish up. Around 4 hrs all up. Longest time took was the wiring.

ALL oldies places should have this system or similar round the primary walking and sitting areas.
would cost a lot less than hospital and doctors visits with bumped legs and falling overs. With great peace of mind for the kids of too.

I helped a mate with his dad. 20 odd yrs ago. Similar thing but plugged to charger in wall. Just bed to tut.
Have done and showed more than a dozen since at different levels. Some just the bedroom, or to tut down hall…

We ALL need to look after the oldies. THEY looked after us for at least 16 yrs. PLUS. One day WE’LL be one of them too.

Consider the Boriut headlamps . Both the D10 an the older / bigger (red bull can size ) R2 which has usb and an easy to use micro switch . Also the t1 zanflare lantern or whatever they are calling it now with usb and touch sensitive switch.

Those multi colored /plastic push lights are easy to push for old people with no bones left in their fingers .also lights with motion detection are handy when walking into or out of a room .

The answer is probably a combination of lights vs. one perfect light for grandma .

My Grandmas favorite lights are an original thrunite AAA ti 2 modes in green //because it's tiny bright and ...green .She may not be able to push a small button well but old people can twist the hell out of some stuff (except for a jar). She likes the cheap plastic push light that goes red green blue/? white . I'm hiding the remote control from her .(too many buttons, too confusing)