Greetings From South Carolina

ActiveAl. Interesting collage of information! I’m learning things…. so I guess that means you’re a professor maybe. If not you should be. I suppose one could continue waiting for the next best thing, but then one wouldn’t have anything to light up the way ahead. Your cost/performance analogy is the way to go. The second newest emitters should be the best value, or at least good value. This is good information which hopefully will keep me from buying 20 lights to find the 4 that I actually need. And who can afford that Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Thank you tatasal, person of many posts (smile). And thanks for your optimism. Might as well make it fun. ———-> bruce

ImA4wheelr. I wasn’t thinking of giving my wife the experiment. I do like to tinker and if it blew up it wouldn’t be the end of anything except a small light. If it worked I might have confidence to try something on a higher lumen model for her to carry. Notwithstanding, the Sofirn is a strong candidate for a purse light! That strobe mode is wicked in the video. Thanks to you and the others, I have enough information to go ahead and get her something that will work without further tinkering. Thanks for the options.

As mentioned earlier, I would like to get some friends a light for Xmas. Recipients will know nothing of edc anything, so I would like to get them a light that can be recharged usb without having to take out the battery each time. Battery included is a must. I like the 18650 size. Do you have any suggestions? It wouldn’t have to be ipx8 or anything, just so a bit of rain won’t kill it. This is going to be great. I guarantee that the lights in their kitchen drawer are d-cell klunkers from 20 years ago. The light they get will be a third the size and tens times brighter!

I apologize for stringing all this out, as it was supposed to be a simple introduction, har. I sure appreciate all of the others who are helping too! Thank you kindly. I’m going to go over to the section for buyers and sellers to connect, and see what I can do for light #2. One down, three to go. ————>bruce

There are many BLFers that are willing to share with those that are interested in learning.

Yes, pace your purchases so that your flashlights don't all go obsolete at once!

In ten years what you buy today will look pretty wimpy!

Take care my friend!

I don’t know your budget, but I once had this light oldie but goodie and it’s a solid contender with AA/Eneloop power. (now on ‘closing out, liquidation sale’):

http://www.sbflashlights.com/Klarus/Klarus-RS1A-p287.html

…or perhaps check out the website, you might find something interesting aside from this.

Welcome from upstate SC!