[Group Buy] Sofirn SP31 V2.0 in US ENDS

I’m interested in a light only,

Thanks.

Great Pictures! Can we share them in our facebook page?

Not exactly “from”, but cooperate with. The factory is getting better, I stand by both Sofirn and ThorFire. Even though I’m not part of ThorFire team anymore, I can and I am willing to help. Help them means help BLFers to get more dreamed lights.

@sofirn……PM sent

Any problems tailstanding can be easily solved with those donut ring magnets used

in convoy tailcaps. The lights also take a common 18350 battery tube. Great lights .

Sofirn is smart to listen to it’s customers and willing to participate in an ongoing dialogue and actively making lights everyone wants made.

Appreciate your great work here Barry! :+1: It’s great to have a manufacturer on board that listens to the “voice of the customer” and is open-minded for new ideas coming from true enthusiasts and experts like Jos, Jason and many more here on BLF. I can confirm that build quality has significantly improved within this year. The latest Sofirn lights I bought have all arrived without any fingerprints on the glass lens and without any visible dust in the reflector. I know this topic has been started quite some times before but if you see any chance to offer your flashlights (or maybe a limited quantity of them) with a wider choice of emitters, it would be the icing on the cake. AFAIK, a lot of fellow members in the German TLF community would love to get a C8F or SP32A with warmer tint or HighCRI like Samsungs LH351D 4.000K 90CRI. At least I would greatly appreciate it, if Sofirn were to refrain from using glue on their flashlights and use retaining rings instead. :slight_smile:

I agree. We don’t want glue on anything. Also if you can get some SST-20 4000k 95CRI emitters that would attract many new customers too but get them in the FA1, FA4, FD1, and FD4 tint bins. Fireflies ROT66 got the 4000k FA3 tint bin and people reported some green in the tint. Kaidomain also sell the 4000k but FB4 tint bin, which is unfortunately even more greenish.

Anymore interested in SP31 V2.0 Tactical Flashlight ?

I will take one.

Interested, kit

Interested in the kit. Good reviews at Amazon and the light + battery + charger package would make a great gift. I might need a few of these if we can get the $23 price.

What a pity, not enough interests for the light.

I think the ’31 was just overshadowed by the ’32.

Nah, that last post didn’t sound right, ha ha, but your avatar Barry does look just like Bruce Lee from the TV show the Green Hornet,
About reviews on Amazon,
I recognized 3 out of maybe 12 Sofirn reviewers on Amazon and that’s part of the problem perhaps, most the reviewers are us.
Isn’t there a way to send a light to a regular person who knows nothing about flashlights and let them do a review.?
I could ask my neighbor to do a review for you instead of your helper asking me if I’d do a review for Sofirn and if I’d buy a light from you so I can do the review, well of course I would but, I just think it would be more believable coming from a person who knows nothing at all about flashlights, there’s little things that are said in some of those reviews that tips the reviewers hand and they probably don’t realize it, it’s BLF lingo… and there’s hardly if any negative words on amazon about Sofirns product and that just doesn’t happen no matter how great the product, I’m just trying to help not get anyone upset, hopefully get some product sold this year…

Sofirn recently posted a 50% discount on Facebook for their Sp31 V2 kit through Amazon. At $18.50, that deal is substantially less than the group buy price.

Personally, I cannot fully agree with you. For instance, I did some reviews of Sofirn lights both on TLF, BLF as well as Amazon DE and - as much as I do appreciate Sofirn's outstanding customer service and their flashlights great cost/performance ratio - I pointed out what I do not like about these lights with the intention to help them build even better lights. FWIW, most of these negative points have been taken care of and resolved in later production batches or new flashlights.

IMHO, it would be best to have feedback both from enthusiastic flashoholics like most of us on BLF/TLF and also from non-experienced people that don't care about details like tint shifts, well-centered LEDs, well-lubricated threads and HighCRI emitters.

Something that really irritates me is the fact that at some point Amazon refuses to accept reviews for Sofirn's flashlights. I don't know if this happens in conjunction with some kind of "profiling", scanning and analyzing what products I recently bought and how many of them were evaluated later on or if there are in general certain review-restrictions applied to Sofirn's products.

[quote=Lux-Perpetua]

I can fully agree with your point of view and I do agree, I was looking at this with a rather narrow view, and I do believe that Amazon’s analytics do profile and it’s just basically what I was able to see visually and then recognizing some of the reviewers but I just never knew their real names, so it was more or less just a thought and I lean more towards your point of view after reading your great explanation, I do want to see Sofirn succeed … Thanks

Like those reviewing a 300lm tulip-head zoomie and proclaiming it to be the bestest light on the planet?

Compared to a 3buk plastic-body hotwire-bulb 2D light, it is, but…

Most of the best features of a higher-end light would be wasted on muggles. Give someone a Lambo to test-drive, and they’ll bitch’n’moan about too-low ground-clearance and scraping when going in/out of a driveway.

“People don’t want ¼“ drills, they want ¼“ holes.”

They don’t want modes, or modegroups, or ramping, or a clean beam, or even a non-green beam. They just want a bright light that wows Festus and Cletus when they finish scratching themselves and start pawing at it.

Sad, but true.

Ha Ha, well said LB, only a NYer can explain things like that… ha ha
Lambo’s ya, I remember the first time driving one of those, everything was great until I had to back it into a parking spot.
That’s when I learned about how you have to sit on the doors lower part of the frame next to the drivers seat and lean out to see where your going, that’s muggle mode for dummies who never drove a Lambo before, ha ha, true story, who would have thought of that?

Sofirn - is your battery a re-wrapped 30Q? Can you share this with the BLF forum?
MCT