Guess which HID did i see at Dinodirect?!

Yup, have Discover. Think I'll wait until I see another coupon offering, and price reductions.

These HIDs seem hyper-inflated from 5 or so years ago.

Thanks for all the info, guys!

I got my original Amondotech 3152 at $100 I think in 2006, but that was from the USA -> Indianapolis and i asked my sister to bring it back a few months later. They would not ship out of USA.

I remember 5-6 years ago, stuff over here was significantly cheaper as well....so i would not mind. Anyway for the SM5200 55 watter, usd82 shipped to places like HK/Taiwan, $88 to SEA like our friends in in, ph, th, my....not too expensive eh. Even to the States it is only $109.

SLA is good for these models, the stocks do move pretty fast and besides a 5.5AH is just usd12 and a 7.2AH is usd15.50 here. heh...

My local "Home Fix" DIY store is selling a big one for well over usd$100 for a halogen model. There are some cheapies which are made very "rough" at usd20 on- sale at Carrefour, but the SLA is already like DOA and only could light up the 50W H4 for 10 minutes or so.....so forget it as you end up paying $35 for a what...halogen LOL!

One thing to note is that the 4300k and 5000k bulbs would beat any neutral white LEDs. :) HIDs naturally have CRI above 80s for these colour temps. But you would not want to tailstand these lights for too long though....would just eat up the electrodes really fast.

Har! I've got a smokin' Halogen 130 watt (special order bulb in it) big reflector spotlight that is a throw monster, if you may get past the artifacts and dark filament support shadows.

Big, heavy, and must be toted with the shoulder strap.

Impractical, really, but a good conversation starter among the locals.

Color temp. is way too yellow for my tastes!

Haven't timed it to start of dimming, but seems like it was around 30 minutes of useable light, when new.

I'm wondering if the "flashlight" style of HIDs with lithium ion batteries is really the way I need to go, for portability?

More money, but convenience (albeit less lumens) might be better.

I loved the Stanley HIDs I had, but the battery issues caused me to abandon them as junk.

EDIT: I will say those two Yao reflectors look very smooth, from the reflections in your lineup!

The hotspot/corona quality is the best in the Amondotech 3152 followed by Yao/Sanmak SM5200. Even though it looks smooth, there is a lot of artifacts in the spill, so please do not aim it at a white wall in the house. In actual use outside the house, it is ok.

For gits and shiggles, mock purchased the amondotech from DD with 20 buck discount, but shipping came to over 62 bucks, cheapest, when I got to PP pay window...NOT!

No way in 'ell anyone is going to pay 120 bucks for a light (even with 20 bucks off) and then 62 bucks or more for shipping!

Funny, i did a mock purchase too and there was no shipping confirmed till the shipping page at DD. But that was with the light at usd125. Now it is usd118 after yesterday's new promo. Same ddchristmas code. They added shipping now.

Sorry, the deal is gone.

Still have the 55W SM5200 though, that is permanent.