GXB17 Driver – 17mm 6V 3A / 12V 1.5A Constant Current Programmable Single-Cell Boost Driver

GXB17 PCBs arrived. Got one assembled; time to put it to test. For this run I was able to use OSHpark's 0.8mm 2oz copper process. This should give better performance..

Looks like a real work of art. :slight_smile:

I really like it! I’ll continue to watch as this driver is really needed around here:)

The GXB17 is working! Appears in early tests to be essentially identical to the GXB20.

Great :slight_smile:

Well done loneoceans. Again, amazing work. :+1:

Shame to hide it in a host :wink:

Awesome!
I’m still waiting for someone to make this available. Hmm? What would be an estimated materials cost be for this driver? Is there a detailed parts list available? Maybe I’ll make a small batch? I’m guessing it might be costly if only buying a couple parts but I’m sure there would be enough interest for me to make 25ish and sell what I don’t need…

Here is a bill of materials for GXB20v1. From memory, c.a. $15.

This is a real breakthrough! Great work.

Lexel is building T_A drivers for sale, so you might get him to do some of these as well if there is enough interest. Never hurts to ask! :smiley:

Unless I missed something, at the moment there are neither schematics nor software sources available…
So it’s too early to ask Lexel. Besides, he reads this thread anyway. Right, Lexel? :wink:

Yeah, of course we will have to wait until everything is released. But, the OP has already said there is no plan to commercialize this driver. So, I was just pointing to another possibility.

He has released his firmware as well. It can be found here.

Thanks, I missed it! As well as schematics under that link.

This looks really nice. I have a Convoy M1 I’d love to mod an XHP50.2 into, but I’m wondering if a stable moon mode is possible using this kind of current regulation, or if we’re stuck with a low mode that blinds the eyes at night. If loneoceans or anyone else can demonstrate that a stable moon mode is possible, I’d definitely be interested.

Any news about this driver ?

Subbed.

I need this driver for Astrolux SS with Nichia 144.

NEEED !!! :smiley:

Hope to see it available somewhere soon (EU).

Loneoceans hasn’t been active for a while or responded to emails so I designed a 17mm version of the original GXB20 boost schematic and adapted it for my own purposes (ATtiny1634 and OTSM). I just got the PCBs this morning but don’t have time to build and develop the firmware before I drop of the radar for 2 months vacation starting Friday. If nothing has happened with the GXB17 once I’m back in November I’ll continue, but by then there will probably be other alternatives available.