Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

About 1.5A probably. It is using the same exact circuit as my MT01, and since that one is using a TPS61800, I bet it just has a different feedback resistor to boost the voltage to 12V.

Since the MT01 is outputting 6V 3A to the XHP50.2, and the MT02 has the exact same driver except for the LED and UI from the looks of it, it is probably outputting 12V at 1.5A.

I’ve initiated a paypal refund, hope that works out. It’s been exactly 4 months since I placed my order, that’s about the limit of my patience.
This all isn’t enough to get TOO worked up about, I remember people freaking because their multi-hundred dollar custom lights were taking this long at CPF, but $32 is $32.
Even if the lights were able to ship right now the whole thing has really left me with a bad feeling over this brand. Yeah, the stuff with Terry was painful, but the response from the “official” Haiklite was probably not the “mic drop” they thought it would be. That was the nail in the coffin for the brand for my future purchases.

So I’ve got 2 different batteries with no flashlights for them, off to browse by battery size!

I didn’t partake in this GB but I’ve been following this for a while.

I feel bad for everyone that paid for the light and now their money is being held hostage because of what I feel was a poor business decision.

I do know a thing or two about business, I’ve owned and operated two businesses for over 10 years combined, including a brick and mortar retail electronics business, and an electronics installation service business operating throughout seven states. Plus I’ve worked with customers my entire working career of over 35 years.

I was compelled to post here after reading this awful statement:

Really???

This “dealer” took everyone’s money for a specific light and now he is holding their money hostage over a different light from a different GB that has nothing to do with this light or GB! I’ll admit I was pretty upset when I read this and I don’t even have a stake in this.

The money that was collected for these lights should have been used to buy these lights and these lights only. The order/shipment of these lights should not have been dependent on a credit owed for a different matter (that ended up in dispute). It would be different if he were buying the lights for his general inventory - they okay use credits, but this money was for a specific light that customers paid for in advance. These payments should have been kept separate for that reason alone.

The issue of the test sample not meeting the claimed output should have been immediately posted here in this thread in full detail as soon as it was discovered, just like it has been done in every other group buy I’m aware of here, that alone shows an inclination of “hiding” things. Additionally, in my opinion many comments he posted were unprofessional for a business owner or representative.

For example this statement:

If you didn’t want anything to do with it then you shouldn’t have done it, did they hold a gun to your head and force you to do it??

Furthermore is it even allowed by paypal to accept payments for merchandise that the seller does not actually have in their possession?
Maybe not…

Here’s an excerpt from a clause in PayPal’s Acceptable Use Policy for merchant accounts:

Listed under “Prohibited Activities” it shows:

“You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
(d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item”

I don’t know if flashlights are included under “certain items”, but if so it’s a violation of policy and once all the refund requests start rolling in and PayPal investigates he could have his account suspended.

On a lighter note, I’m interested in one of these lights and looking forward to the new GB run by someone else…

Bansuri, for your 2 26650 batteries, I recommend you look at the SC02 w/ the gorgeous MTG2 emitters… j/k :stuck_out_tongue:

I really like my Thrunite TC20. It can maintain lumens much better than the smaller Imalent DN70. For throw the Catapult V6 is getting rave reviews. DQG Tiny is also a nice compact light with good tint but I don’t like the timed step down. The SC26 would have been the best looking 26650 host IMO and the size looks very compact like the DQG.

If you want 2x26650 in a light, consider asking TA to mod you a L6 host for a super practical 8500 lumen all purpose flashlight. I have mine sent to TA for modding.

Makes sense, that is about what I figured.

Only issue I have with 1.5A is that you can get the same output or more from an XP-L2 but a whole lot easier, although unregulated.

Still a pretty nice output and I really like the XHP35 tint.

The only thing I measured was current being pulled from the cell which was around 6A in Turbo mode.

So… I have been very patient and even forgiving, but what the hell!
They are NOT coming.

I don’t give a damn whose fault it is. I want my lights or I want my money back.

Yeah, that is about what I expected, less then 1.5A which is the highest I have seen in a single cell light thus far. If someone knows of a higher output single cell XHP35 let me know, I am out of the loop for sure.

So it’s OK to take money in exchange for nothing, but it’s not OK to refund it???

I misspoke, I’ve got 1x26650 and 1x26350 so I need to look for TWO flashlights! Oh the horror.
Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll be looking at all of them!

Did he say that? I dont care if it $5 or $20… we have a right to cancel the order if the seller hasnt shipped out yet…

So who got the sc26 gb money ?

I know of 3 including myself that got refunds.

I sent email today to terry to refund the money. well its weekend… i understand… so i will wait 3 business days…

You guys should read Terry’s new post where he calls the members of this GB “stupid”

Him ranting and insulting people makes me uneasy, along with quite a bit of typos.

I think that’s a typo:

“Other than that stupid group but”

should read “Other than that stupid group buy”

at least that’s how I took it…

Stupid GB or stupid group, same difference to me. That’s Terry’s reaction when people point out his lies and mistakes, he fires off and doesn’t think about the consequences. You treat others as you want to be treated and when you’re a professional you conduct yourself accordingly. And I think Terry’s actions and words speak for themselves.

“As far as the SC26’S. Unless Haikelite does the right thing and either ship them as part of my service payment which is about one third of what they owe me or ship those themselves I just have to let the lawyers and in this case the US attorney general’s office do their work and resolve it.”

Lol, good luck getting the AG to prosecute a case a like this. It’s a civil matter and they’ll tell him the same if he actually contacts the AG’s office.

Now if Terry actually consults an attorney, for the amount in controversy it won’t be worth it in attorneys bills to prosecute this case let alone good luck trying to recover money from a foreign company.

Terry wrote in facebook - HaikeLite Flashlights Community:

“Dale have Haikelite pay their bill so all these nice people can have their money back quickly. Next person you talk to is the US attorney General.”

Well bless his heart