Happy with the flashlights, put some of them to good use today.

Anyone ever watch Harry Potter movies with the kids? Ever notice the tiny pup tent they pitch out in the woods that has multi rooms inside and is cavernous, by magic? How sweet would a spell like that be for the pocket? Stuff one of these massive TrustFire TR-J20’s into a watch pocket and pull it out in a theater situation like that? 15,000 lumens, emergency lighting. :slight_smile: But. But. but, where did that come from?

(the quad thing, edc, made me think of that, lol)

Last black out i had was my fault! I was cleaning the kitchen and water dripped onto a power point behind the oven. So i pulled the breaker and let it dry out. Now i have put sealant there should help with the issue. I done all the power points in the kitchen with sealant.

Cracking me up. Gonna have to commit some of those to memory! :smiley:

Dat shore is purty! Man I wish I had your talent……amazed every time i see a build from you. Gonna have to do some investigation into the trit vials……I know it’s probably a stupid question…but any concerns with “harm” from the “radiation”?

its fun when the power goes out. :smiley:

Cracking up like all of us, I bet :smiley:

Those are awesome, but I really prefer an adaptation of no.1 that I’d heard before:

But mostly I stick to “the Sun doesn’t reach through building walls when power’s out, and I like my shins intact”.

What looks better? “A” or “B”? “1” or “2”? How bout now… :stuck_out_tongue: (clicking the light on/off between choices)

The radiation is miniscule and inside the glass, as I understand it if the glass breaks the isotope of Hydrogen mixes with the oxygen in the air to contribute to the carbon dioxide already present. Very very difficult to breathe in the tiny bit of material in that vial.

I figure, I’ve been exposed to so much crap in my lifetime it hardly matters now if a flea’s toot of radioactive isotopes enter’s my air space. Ya know?

Hahahaha
Cracks me up too!
Much better then “well it’s kind of a hobby of mine” :wink:

Well let me put it this way: we muggles have FAR more than a petty Lumos at our grasp for when the darkness holds dominion. More brightness, more tint selections, no need to focus to keep it on, and more versatility than you can shake a stick at :wink:

I just swapped out the stock XM-L T6 emitters on Al to XP-G3 S5 3A on 16mm Noctigons in another TR-J20. I had already added a bit of boost, with the XM-L’s it was making 5551 lumens on 3 TrustFire 32650’s, now it’s making 5699.4 and the hot spot is considerably tighter and whiter. :slight_smile:

Darkness, reveal thyself! :crown:

Deep in Carlsbad, my wife and another lady were bringing up the rear of a tour group, taking slow shutter shots on tripods.
The tour guide might have been new, butt may no longer be there, as she turned off the lights entirely on us about 3 turns and 200 yds to go to the exit.
It was pitch black and iffn I didn’t have my LD01SS and my wife had her PreonREVO, I would’ve just hunkered down and started SCREAMING! :open_mouth:

butt as it were, we emerged untroubled as angels escaping Hell unfazed

Sounds like a good time to be a flashaholic, but not a good time overall :open_mouth:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

“hunkered down and started SCREAMING!” I probably would have done the same….like a little girl….but at a lower volume than the girls around me……yeah.

And again, the mental images….
CRACK
ING
ME
UP.

PS. Should we assume that this far into your BLF journey you would be slightly more cavern ready than a AA/AAA light next time?

Do I care what it looks like to have a TN42 in a belt holster while on vacation? pffffft! Not me! As of now I’d also have a Nitecore MH20GT, my Ti Quad, and at least one or two other mega lights, maybe my 12,000 lumen Meteor M43. Go big or go home, right?

More like “go heavy or go home”! You’re really giving it both barrels there!

Well when the light gets less my experience is everybody likes flashlights and the most interesting people ask more
(The other day at a party aiding some people with a L6 and a Z1 when a light technician started to ask questions, I am sure he will wander here some day to see more lights :smiley:

HEY! Who needs ankle weights to increase the health benefits of plain ole walking? I got 30 pounds of electromagnetic illumination right heeeeeeeeere! Check those calves……bam…bam.

Well of course he will….irresistible.

Dang I wish BLF had a simple like button or something for posts. I enjoy so many….and typing replies to all is at times, time consuming. :smiley:

I need for someone to invent a simple battery carrier tube of delrin or polycarb or something, a way to carry 4-6 cells without it being unnecessarily bulky. Ooooooh! How about a modern walking stick, loaded with an assortment of spare cells inside? :smiley: Micro USB in the handle, magnetic tipped leads stashed in the top of the tube? Maybe it could be a backup battery pack with the first 4 cells, then lower cells storage for use while the dead battery is charging?

Neal? Simon? Hank? Amanda? Anyone? :wink:

Carbon fiber tube, 8 ball on top, remove the 8 ball for 3 legs to spring open, invert it for a monopod? :wink:

Way ofd topic here but I still have an old walking cane.
Our late neighbour was not so steady on his feet after a few glasses of wine. and even though we have an elevator in the house the outside has lots of small stairs so not ideal when not walking all that straight.

So I took an walking cane and mounted a bicycle light and an very old bycicle horn like this

Called it a prehistoric car :smiley:
(Helped me to get him home and man how we laughed.

Where is that contraption :wink: