Has anyone`s Z1 GB clone (aka informally as the COMETA 2016) burned down their house yet?.................

Ha Ha Ha, well I didn’t know that, nor did I know anyone could carry a grand piano in a marching band, well it’s Chuck after all, so that would explain it, mean guy argh.
Ha ha Thanks Robert to funny … !

Whoops, I’m screwing up Nottawhackjobs thread, Oops Sorry buddy… :cry:

Post #1570 is WARNING: Cometa – read/fix BEFORE inserting battery - #1570 by hank about how not to shear the dome off the emitter when it’s hot.

Bye the way just quickly, BG has never even tried to sell these clones for anywhere near what they are claiming the value as now, $95 are you kidding me…?
Just imagine what lights you know of that sell in this price range,
BG never tried to sell these for more than $45, and it has been at that price sense the end of the GB, only $5 more than the GB price, but they’d always claim some sort of discount deal like now where they were claiming something like 85% off the regular price of $95, how dumb can you be, oh I know, sell a light that’s at least worth $25 but for $15 and then throw in a cell that still sells all day long for $12 and call it a good deal for real… ha ha ha…
And I promise anymore cracks like this I will take them to my own thread now on page 8 (right where it supposed to be now) and talk to myself there, sorry pal,

Header changed, T18. If it needs more adjustments just let me know. My pleasure.

:sunglasses: :beer:

No, No further adjustments needed, there’s nothing I like better than someone who is willing to meet halfway or in your case even offer more if needed, what a great guy.
My hopes are that eventually people will have to ask what was a cometa,
I’m working on de-branding this clone and once I’m done I’ll be posting my results on your new thread here,
I think your idea with this new thread and your taking the initiative was an excellent idea and your comments as I mentioned were just about spot on, certainly perfect timing …
Thank You again… :slight_smile: :beer:

Well so far it appears no one’s house has burned down after 600+ Z1 iffy clones being sold!

This is great news! Of course GB lessons learned through this one and in the end it was thus meant to be.

Prolly won’t happen again. :sunglasses: :+1:

I do like this little sucker of a clone though. I predict it’s gonna be a flash classic. :person_facepalming: :open_mouth:

Prolly gonna have to buy a genuine Jaxman Z1 to do a dirty comparison someday.

I agree with you on a number of your comments, first off no one has had any bad experiences and it will probably be a flash classic that should have never been.
I still think that at the price we got them for leaves some resale value if built properly and the parts priced right.

But one thing I’ve been very curious about is how you came up with the number of pieces sold…?
Is this something you could give me an answer to publicly or even by a PM…?

I’m going to be talking with the owner of Jaxman next week and if the opportunity presents itself I’m going to let him know what was accomplished here thanks to all the great members of BLF, he wanted those to disappear so badly, but I’m certainly not bringing it up to him unless the timing is perfect,
I don’t want to pour more salt in the wound and he was seriously wounded by this terrible situation, but I am curious about the number that we cleared out,
I didn’t think there were actually that many left.
Realized the other day that my cover plate over the LED is also plastic, that is something that was done long after the GB, sort of strange really,
I would never believe they would think of going that route with as many problems there were to begin with,
I’d think they’d just sell as is and grab the money and run, but I’m not a Chinese vendor either so thoughts on that are probably night and day.
Thanks… and please do let me know about that qty sold if your able to…?

IIRC it’s on the Banggood product page. Lemme see if I can link it……

Ya here it is. “688 orders”. (In the middle of page between Reviews (29) and Wishlist (272).

https://m.banggood.com/XPL-HI-1300LM-26650-Foucsing-LED-Flashlight-p-1048342.html?rmmds=search&ID=520448&cur_warehouse=CN

Does that cover both w/ and w/o cells, and other 95buk variants, etc.?

Great thanks, this isn’t a big deal I’m just curious,

Edit: This light never sold for anywhere near $95, never was sold for or asked for anymore than $45 max

IMO BG would’ve had to sell thousands to make a profit even at $40.

They prolly lost their ass on this blowout.

Just saying, different entries, “SKU”s, etc., they might have several variants of the same light.

I’m playing my sad violin right now… :cry:

Thanks nottawhackjob, but really now that I think about it, that 688 means about as much as that discount price being 49% off the normal price of $95 or the 272 folks who wish they could have bought these, really you just can’t believe anything they tell us, but I still know we cleaned them clones out and it was done by everyone here on this thread so I say GREAT JOB EVERYONE, you are all top of the heap to me…!!
It was a BIG DAMN DEAL in so many ways, Thank You ALL :laughing:

I think it’s prolly reasonably accurate. Just only a triangulated hunch though. By that I mean it ‘sounds’ about right when ya figure like I said previously that they would have to sell thousands even at $40 to make a profit. Then during a production run they get ‘busted’ and that production run was coincidentally on its way to a thousand units.

Ya gotta make a lot of flashlights in each run to make it worthwhile.

Ya, I agree with both of you, the GB price was $40 and I’ve been watching these since 2016, they were supposed to destroy all of these clones but they didn’t obviously, and by the way is that a violin I hear in the background…?? Ha Ha Ha….
I think $10 is their cost to build, but who knows ?
I do think they should give all the money they just made to Jaxman and take the loss like they were supposed to when they all got busted, anyhow, enough out of me…

I think $10 is prolly way too low. The quality AR glass lens, the pretty high grade anodizing, the led, the brass pill, the lighted tail cap button, the high grade X5/X6 driver, then the machining of extra rotary zoomie threads in the design, puts the real cost I bet closer to $20 to even $25. You gotta make/sell a lot of flashes then to cover all your behind the scenes hidden costs besides just flat-out production. Marketing, QA, material cost fluctuations, shipping, phuck ups, warranty returns, etc.

Good luck. :open_mouth:

Makes me wish I ordered a dozen, too.

Being I had been watching these clones at least every 3 days since July of 2016 or so, when I saw they had the price these at or about cost I can assure you that well before I posted these clones here I had a quit long conversation with MeSelf, very long, like a couple days I sat on this find just thinking ….
Like Should I…? or Should I not, should I not post these and spare people agony since I knew there’s still a lot of hard feelings and 2nd thinking was about should I just keep mum and buy them all up myself thinking I should be able to sell these for at least $20-$25 ea, I still think they’re worth that much frankly, but you can only sell them as long as there’s no extreme hard feeling as bad as I believed there might still be,
But then again I thought, well self, there is all these new peps who wouldn’t know a Cometa Z1 clone from a bump on the head, so in the end I think I made the right decision and just posted them here and shared the good find and I probably saved myself a loss of a lot of money, what if you spent $5K on these really very good clones and no one would buy them and then because I thought I was being sneaky with my find and thinking I might make a buck or five, instead now everyone is mad at you for even bringing these to everyone’s attention and then hating you forever, that would be a real bummer… ha ha
Oh well, I think this thread went really well and there was no fighting and we didn’t get shut down like 90% of the threads that even mention these clones or the word Cometa, and really just using the word cometa should get an immediate hit on your RUDE button… ha ha ha

TKS; I learned a lot from this thread.

“I speak without exaggeration when I say that I have constructed three thousand different theories in connection with the electric light, each one of them reasonable and apparently to be true. Yet only in two cases did my experiments prove the truth of my theory. My chief difficulty, as perhaps you know, was in constructing the carbon filament, the incandescence of which is the source of the light.” - Thomas Edison.