hello from pennsylvania!!!

G’day mate.

thanks to all for the welcome :wink: are any of the lights i was looking at any good for a EDC light ??

Hello Tim and welcome. It's been a long time since I said hello to someone.

Welcome, I would suggest doing a BLF search of “whats your favorite edc” or something similar and see what people are talking about around here. There are lots of lights to love. Some better than others.

Hello, I too am from PA, just recently joined this site but lurked on here for weeks reading for dozens of hours. I am still very new to all of this, but hope that I can offer a bit of advice.

One thing that I learned, is that this hobby is filled with fakes. I too started out with buying on eBay, as I do a lot of buying on eBay for other items as well, but out of the few brand name flashlights that i did buy on eBay, none of them arrived genuine, they were all fakes. One of the first flashlights i did buy was from a site manafont.com. it was made by ultrafire and it arrived genuine. the ultrafire fakes that i received on eBay were 1/10th the build quality of the genuine. I’m not saying all sellers on eBay are selling fakes, but i’d be very cautious buying on eBay, most expecially if the price is a fraction of the going market price.

As for some lights, here are a few that I have or are on current order (awaiting delivery)
skyray king. It is a 3xml light, it is shaped like a soda can, it is a much talked about light and many people own them. As much as I talked about being careful of fakes, I actually purposely chose a clone of the actual skyray king. i took the chance on it as did other forum members, there is a thread about it, because the clone appears to be on par with the genuine. search for ‘skyray king mimmic’. it was just released to the market, so i haven’t yet received mine and i’m not sure if anyone else received theirs yet to comment on how it compares to the actual genuine skyray king. If you don’t want to take the chance on the mimmic, you can always go with the genuine and know you are going to get a awesome light, it isn’t that much more money, like $10 to go genuine.

Skyray King Mimic - $43.75 free shipping

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/skyray-king-mimic-cree-xml-t6-3led-2000lumen-3mode-flashlight-golden-418650-p-11288

Genuine Skyray King - $54.58 free shipping

http://www.tmart.com/SKYRAY-SKKING-XMLT6-15W-30004200LM-5-Mode-Flashlight_p141642.html

I also purchased a trustfire A8, because it is a compact light that runs on the bigger 26650 battery, where most of the lights run on the traditional 18650 battery size.

Another light that I have on order that almost everyone on here that asks ‘what light should i buy’ is recommended the Ultrafire HD2010. The best price i know of is thru tmart.com, currently $30.82 with free shipping

http://www.tmart.com/UItraFire-CREE-XMLT6-8W-1300-Lumen-5-Mode-LED-Flashlight-Gray_p135765.html

I’m sure others will chime in with more wise options for quality budget lights.

My EDC is a Tank 007 E09 on my keychain. 3 modes, great quality, and way too much light for a AAA even Alkaline. Bought mine at Manafont - about $15.

-Garry