Help me find a Nice, Warm, Night Light

Thanks for the tips. Purchased a two pack of MB500A-WHT
Sadly Mr Beams don’t ship to Australia, but managed to find an Amazon store that did.

So the Mr Beams MB500A-WHT that I ordered have arrived. Brightness is just right for a bathroom night light, amber light is great for night time use, and the automatic light sensor works well. The only thing I don’t like is absolutely terrible PWM, that is visible just by looking at it (not even moving your head).

Huh. I don’t have that model, I have the 4xAA square ones and don’t notice any PWM on those.
Thanks for the warning, I hope you post a review on their website.

People really vary in their threshold for perception of flicker frequency, (or Critical fusion frequency (CFF) ), but if anybody can see it, I don’t want it in my house.

I’ll avoid that model.

https://www.google.com/search?q=threshold+for+perception+of+flicker+frequency%2C

For daughter’s nightlight I just use my Fireflies PL47G2 with sst20 2700 JA3 on lowest output. 21700 battery… good runtime.

Using it as I write with a mini tripod to light up the ‘stage’ with a Sylvanian Families house set… pre bedtime soft light.

Ooo, I’d love to put a Sunlike 2700k in one of these! Could you do a writeup on how you did the optisolis?

These are on sale right now — six-pack
Motion sensor, amber LED, 4xAA battery, they work fine with Eneloops.

We have half a dozen of them around the house, handy late at night, but more reassuring to have when we have a power failure or the next earthquake.