Here's Some 200yd XM-L Thrower Beamshots

MRsDNF,

If your talking about the 7G5 they won't be back in stock. There is a 7G5 2 that took it's place and Hank @ IOD has them in stock. Mine has already shipped. Nice Pictures Brad, that T40CS is looking pretty good.

Hi rikr. No, its the bc40 I have on order. Supposedly it has just come back into stock but not sent yet. I would love a thrower like the above examples but there still has to be a beer budget. One day. meanwhile keep the reading material up. Cheers.

Well actually buddy all of these pictures I posted here are brighter in person than they are here. I can show you one from my BC40 at 350yds on a white barn in the nite mode setting that probably will be more to what you will see in person. Now I have the smooth reflector one which I hear is what Jetbeam has gone too.

And here's probably more what you will see in person from my BC40 at 200yds on the nite mode setting.

You will like your BC40. It's a very nice flashlight.

It is yours and Benkies comments and pictures that pushed me over the edge to purchase the BC40. Had to ration the beer and scotch for 2 weeks to save me from divorce on this one. But we all know that they wont divorce us as they dont want to see us happy. Cheers.

ILF: Aside from throw, I like the SR51 beam profile. Can you comment on how it compares to the T40CS - does it (T40CS) throw a donut with a dark spot? Does it have a ringy spill? Thanks!

The Sunwayman T40CS will out throw the Olight SR51. I would say the Olight SR51, Fenix TK41 and Sunwayman V60C are very similar in throw. The Olight SR51 has one of the most smoothest beams. Sort of like the Sunwayman V60C but only brighter. The Sunwayman T40CS does have as nice hotspot with slight outer ring marks. But it don't really bother me the slightest especially oudoors.

If you get a chance sometime take a picture of that barn that is 200 yards away at a setting that approximates what your eye sees.
That may still involve a little zooming depending on what the unzoomed setting is. If it’s a wide angle you would still zoom it a bit.
Maybe you have a picture like that already in one of the other threads. If so post a link if you could.
I think it’s always helpful to have a control shot that is more or less what the eye sees.
Thanks.

I have posted some control shots before. It's justabout pitch black.

Control Shot 350yds to barn 9x optical zoom nite mode setting SP2

Thanks ILF. I had an M3X but didn't like the beam, so I bought an SR51. The beam on the SR51 is perfect for me, but I don't care for the way the light looks. The T40CS is a beautiful light, but I don't think the beam will be smooth or nice enough for me. Thanks!

I really like the beam on the T40CS and I think alot of people would agree, almost every video I've watched says what a great beam it has. I know mine does.