Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

They scanned the batteries first—as in disbelief—So if it scans for a penny I’ll run next time

I scanned the battery packs again today and they still have not dropped in my local store.

The first store I tried to return them still had them for$35.06 I had to go across town where I had found them discounted—The funny thing is they said we match prices but not against other HD stores

Yes I am proud, and happy for anyone that is able to get this deal.
chops728 got 7 of these packs and I only got 6. Actually maybe only 4 or 5, the friend that picked up those last 5 packs for me back home while we’re down south owns Ridgid 12v tools. He will probably want 1 or 2 of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I stopped by 2 HD’s in the Charleston SC area yesterday and could find no additional packs. I did find 1 more penny night light in one and a penny grill light for the barbecue in the other.

xJ, you must be going out of your mind waiting for that pack price to be reduced.
Don’t forget that I had been watching them since they first appeared last November at 2 for $69 ($69 each is the regular price fot 1). Then they went to $49 then to $35 and finally to $18.
BTW, the reason I was able to notice that they had been reduced to $18 even while in South Carolina in a store that didn’t have any, was because I had cut the bar code off the 1 pack I had bought back home and was carrying it with me. I merely scanned it at the self checkout register and noticed the price change. I really, really wanted to get in on that next price reduction. :wink:

I did exactly the same thing. I have the barcode in my wallet. I’ll stop in again today and see if they have dropped. I’m getting sick of waiting and I’m sure HD is getting sick of seeing me walk in, scan one thing and leave.

^ Very clever dchomak and xjsnake. My HD's have attendants that are always trying to take my stuff and scan if for me. They usually hover nearby as scan my stuff. Makes penny purchases awkward at times.

xjsnake, you still have any XJ's? I'm a big fan of them. Very good at twisting and have nice ground clearance without being too tall. Plus, got love the tough 4.0 and tranny (model slips my mind). I still have an 1989 that only has a basic 3" lift and some other minor suspension mods. Like it much more than my 1995 Grand Cherokee.

Yep. I’m down to one. I’ve had a 93, 96, and a 97. Currently just the 97 remains. It’s a daily driver for me right now. The transmission you are thinking of is the AW4.

As for the scanner attendents, I teach high school so I have a very well developed “don’t with me” look. They pay me no mind at all.

Went in today and they had about 5 of these $18.02 twin packs left in the discount tool shelf. I picked one up to get the cells, now I’m home and realize I could should probably have got 2, since I have a Ryobi 18volt pack (10 cells) that’s kaput and I could use some of these cells to rebuild it.

Quit rubbing it in that you guys are getting in on this deal!

-Garry

Thank you!

I’m going crazy here waiting for one stinking 2 pack to drop and these guys are finding 5 of them at a store? Grrr……

There are no self scan at mine:(

Call the store, give them the SKU, and if they have it ask for the price.
:slight_smile:

WestCoast stores sucks big time. They have none of the double packs plus they shipped out all of the non-sold items from Holidays. None to be found!! Like flashlights, misc tools and doodats. I have a bad feeling that they all ended up in a bin or shipped out to somewhere nowhere!….

:neutral_face:

I just wish for one double pack of those batteries.

Cheers

SUCCESS!!!

I got the one and only pack left in a 50 mile radius!

Congrats!!!

We’re not OCD are we?
Even if we are, what’s wrong with that anyway?

^ XJ lovers tend to be a tenacious lot.

Well, if you guys hated me before you are going to hate me even more. I decided to swing by the other nearby Home Depot (Watertown, MA) to see what other deals they might have and to pick up a security torx bit set to disassemble the packs. Lo and behold they had the 2 packs of Ryobi 18V 4AH batteries marked down to… $25. Yes, these are the packs that are usually $99 each but sometimes on promotion for $99 for a two pack. And the two pack where marked down to $50.04 and now $25.02.

They had probably had 8 or so in stock, along with several of the $18.02 Ridgid packs. (maybe 4 or 5)

I realized I could probably clean them out and make a killing on ebay, but I restrained myself because dealing with ebay and packing and mailing is just not my idea of fun, IMHO. Even when making a tidy profit. I like to leave the work at work. So instead I just picked up 2 sets (4 batteries). $53.17 after taxes…

Guess there’s no point in me rebuilding my defunct Ryobi battery! Means more cells for my flashlights. So I’m happy with 12 Samsung INR 18650-20R’s and 4 Ryobi battery packs for around $70. Not a bad days shopping.

Great score! I got the last pack of the Ryobi’s locally but had to pay the $50 for them. Fortunately they are going to my father who will reimburse me so I’m not too heart broken.

And here I am stuck in SC
That Ryobi deal is just unbelievable. That is 20 - 2Ah cells for $25.

You should go back and GET THEM ALL. Figure it out later.
If you change your mind, you can always return them. :wink:

BTW, I am soooo glad you took pictures, so that I could take part in the deal vicariously

Yeah I’d agree with that. Go get them all.