Host for 26650 battery?

If you do that, I'll buy it from you for 200 bucks. Laughing

It would be a much better light if it was neutral to warm and had infinitely variable output levels. My next light is going to have those features even if I have to pay this much.

I think 26650 is too long: all the length of an 18650 but the width of a C cell. I think a better compromise is 26500, which is as long as a AA but wider than an 18650. About equivalent capacity, maybe a bit more?, don’t know. Seems more logical for flashlights with larger (read: normal-sized) reflectors.
If you want 26650, cnqualitygoods.com sells a few of them. Be aware some are 2-cell models, some 1-cell, some can do either/or.
26650 and (hopefully) 26500 lites will HOPEFULLY become common (and cheap) this year.
MAELSTROM: I got their email on it. 2 MODES for $150? Why not a version with 4 modes? Again, it’s a bit long with the 26650.
I’d ALMOST be willing to pay $150 for something that put 1000+ lumens OTF, had a single 26500 cell with a smooth reflector, and preferably had an option for twisty/momentary. But let’s not forget… 2 modes? Either make it programmable, infinitely variable, or whatever… but give us some dang modes! 2 modes in an 800 Lumen flashlight?! 800 and 200. That’s all you get. Sure, it’s ‘tactical’, but isn’t real tactical only 1-mode anyway? My guess is (or logic dictates) that they’ll probably make a 3 (I’d want 4 at that brightness)-mode version… but doesn’t every flashlight seem to have some frustrating fatal flaw?
That said I own one 4sevens product and love it, but it’s one of the cheapest things they make (keychain f’lite).
You’d also think they’d make a 20500 (or would it be 22500) lithium battery to fit inside all those 3 x AAA bodies. I mean, Ultrafire even makes an 18350 now… I’d think the market would be more on something that’d fill a 3 * AAA. As it is now, people either stick 18500’s in there, or try to stuff an 18650 in them, both with less than ideal, if workable, results.
My thought is if they made 26500 flashlight bodies, they could still be sold with 3 x AAA adapter tubes for lamestreamers.
Last note, I emailed Manafont (via their “have a question ask right now!” form on the product page) to ask them if that flashlight was indeed 3 x AA, as they explicitly state, or if they really meant 3 x AAA. I don’t recall ever confirming existence of any 3 x AA cylindrical flashlight; they’re usually typos. NO RESPONSE at all from Manafont. If it was 3 x AA, I’d bet you could fit a 26500 in there (I know mag modders do it, not sure with C or D cells), and I’d probably get it (3 x AA – now that would actually make sense, too). So I’m going to assume it’s a typo for now. Or maybe order one and register a paypal dispute if it’s not what they stated? I’d rather not risk having to go through that, so if someone could confirm–that would be great.
3 x AA… what a concept…

Following up... Ok so it's not exactly answering the original question, but potentially valuable news for some.

Someone is finally making batteries the size of a 3 x AAA adapter tube! It's Ultrafire, and the size they chose is 22600. The rated at 2500mAh which sounds low or 'accurate'. I can find no end-user capacity tests.

If you search Ultrafire 22600, you'll find them. From my searches, Manafont has the best price on pairs ($13 and change), and Kaidomain has the best price on singles ($8 and change).

I measured one AAA battery adapter last night and although the width was correct, my adapter was only 52mm long, so 60mm for these batteries is strange to me, considering that (it seems to me) they probably won't fit in many of the applications they were designed for.

I'm going to be spreading the word about these since they've apparently been out for at least half a year, and I've been looking for just such a thing, and I've seen posts of others looking for such too. So apologies in advance if you see me spouting this message elsewhere. In my opinion, a totally new battery size (for which there is already demand and use) is a big deal.

So this new 22600 form factor is not exactly a 26650, but, if more manufacturers get in the game, could obviously provide for higher capacities than 18650's. I just think they're a little long.