How do I post a picture on a thread?

Your welcome! I did forget to mention that the image will need to be hosted somewhere (photobucket, Flicker, Google Picasa, your own website, etc. . .). Not sure how it's even working if you are trying to copy "the image itself" and paste it into the editor. You don't copy the image itself, you're just copying the address of where the image is being hosted (stored) to be loaded from there.

Another tip if I may (unrelated to photos). I absolutely LOVE the right-click option in Firefox when highlighting a URL (like www.photobucket.com) to choose "Open Link" or "Open Link in New Tab"! Firefox recognizes it's a link automatically. This is helpful when someone posts a web address and doesn't not make it a link in their post. Love it! I left Internet Explorer a long time ago!

-Garry

I will confess though that I have not learned how to do the mouse-over yet. I'm sure it's not difficult; just haven't looked into it or tried it. I have added hyperlinks to the image so that a person can click the image and jump to another page (like the full-size version of the photo).

-Garry

Marc: "No that didn't work! Look what it did to your torch! "

LOL LOL! Good one!

Garry: I already joined PhotoBucket, it was just that I couldn't get the 'Direct Link(s)' to show beneath the images or thumbnails. Actually, I think it ONLY shows beneath the thumbnails when they're being viewed in the album, not after opening up a picture to view it. That was the crucial bit, and when you explained that I just kept trying until something worked. Up til then I was copy/pasting the image URL and using the tree, but all that would show in the BLF 'Comment' field was a little blank photo icon (the sort that sometimes have a red 'X' in them).

To copy the image directly (from within PhotoBucket, that is) I just right clicked on the picture and pasted here, but, as I say, it's VERY slow and the system (or my PC) seems to struggle big time. But I wonder, since that works, exactly what PhotoBucket is contributing to the procedure; in theory it should be possible to do this directly from 'My Pictures' in Windows.

Well it seems my "mistake post" turned out to be useful anyhow!

-Garry

This is how you post a picture on a thread...