How low ? How often? How come?

Here’s my low lumen team, except my thruite tn1Av3 didn’t attend the party. All lights have already been mentioned in this thread, can you guess which ones are included, and for bonus points identify the lights?

I generally leave the one with 4 emitters on all night at the pictured setting for night time navigation.

HDS RRT01 Zebralight D4

The D4 was easy, but the other three are incorrect. My impression is the lights you named all have bigger reflectors than the smaller lights pictured. One of the three actually was not specifically named, but is a half brother or closer to one that was named.

posted the picture again for convenience.

So I only got a 25% on this test :frowning:

I let some other low light ninjas take a shot at it…

My D4 must be a lot brighter then yours at its lowest. xp-l hi

Edit. Are they AA or AAA lights?

My D4 is also xp-l hi, two 3A emitters and two 5D emitters. Not sure if it gets lower because I am running Anduril, or just luck of the drivers. I want to compare it to my 219C D4 running Anduril, but I can’t find that one right now. Ready for this kitchen remodel to be over . . .

I am also running Anduril. Mine is the 5000k. I would say you got lucky. I also have the spot optic that might effect it some.

Edit. What camera setting are you using?

I might have to take some photographs

It is very easy to look into the my D4 when it is at its minimum, and I often do. Sort of mesmerizing, especially with the different color emitters. I don’t know what sort of optic I have, it is just the standard one.

The tail current on mine is 1.4mA at minimum. Guessing yours must be higher if it is brighter.

got my lights lined up gonna take some photographs.

What setting did you use on your camera so we can compare.

Here are 5 of my lights on there lowest.

I was not certain what my settings were so I took another picture. ISO 3200, 1/3000sec. I have a moto G6 for a camera.

I also found another low lumen friend who has not been mentioned in this thread yet, it was my EDC for quite some time. My buddy jon_slider may recognize the addition, pwm in all its glory.

link included in case you want to zoom in closer, I stayed farther back to try and keep on axis with the lens.

I lined the lights up in my perceived dimmest to brightest, the new light is the next to the bottom. Bigger reflector . . .

Ha ha. I get it.

I don’t use a light for that. After 40 years of living in the same house, I find my way to the head with my eyes closed - I use sonar. :person_facepalming:

The D4 is easy, not sure about the other 4, one is so dim I can’t see it. Any hints?

I used 1/250 400 iso at 55mm. I think we came close. Just a slight angle of the lights from the camera can make things misleading.

Did you notice I have 5 lights?

Novatac?

I don’t have a Novatac, but I can see you associating that light with jon_slider. And I don’t see 5 lights, only the D4 and 3 others. there is a spot 2nd from the right that is dark to me,

Yeah that is a Skilhunt H03 running NarsilM on a Lexel TA driver. Moonlight level 1. And when the light is off, there is some bleeding of the driver that put out a lower level yet.

Yes jon_slider is also a Novatac ninja :smiley:

MY lights above D4 Convoy M2(H17F) AT Partner(H17F) H03 AT Prime.

I started this thread because I had thought I was over the low light craze, now look at me.

In the last picture I posted, mine are Manker Boney (someone mentioned a manker driver A01) D4, Thrunite Ti-3, Olight S1R, and Manker E02. The E02 has I think 14 levels of moonlight, IIRC mine is set around 7. There is a sort of big jump from 6-7 when increasing the moonlight. I should dial it down to 1 and compare with my Boney, but maybe tomorrow as I am going to bed. Got to get ready to use my D4 at 3am . . .

You can never have two few lumens, as your H03 shows.

I use moonlight mode, and or low on my bedside table. Night wanderings outside the room of sleep medium mode. Outside are high and turbo modes unless I am in true darkness then moonlight, and or low once more.

What light? How low does you low seam?

cool, I learned the A01 goes lower than the Ti3… impressed

well played Mr. Slider!

Current bedside flashlights/headlamps are:

1. Lumintop EDC05 which has 2 lumens on the lowest setting. Next mode has about 30 lumens.
  2. Thrunite Archer V3. Moonlight 0.1 lumin. Low 17 lumens.
  3. Xeno ES1 V2 Has 1.1 lumens on ultra low mode. 45 lumens for low.
  4. Xeno E03 V3. It’s low is twice as bright at the ES1 and is floody.
  1. Black Diamond Spot Headlamp. 200 lumen max version. I just use the red light feature. 1-10 lumens.

I use the Spot headlamp and the Archer V3 the most. All the flashlights have warm white tints except the Black Diamond. The brightest low is 4 lumens in white light on the headlamp. Red at lowest is about 1 lumen.