How old are you?

Sounds like me when I was a teacher. I'd go into the classroom on Monday morning aged 24 and leave it on a Friday afternoon aged at least 240.

I think lasting a week without murdering any or indeed all of the kids probably means you have more patience than 99.9% of people!

There was the time I wanted to do a way to measure the speed of sound. Fun thing to do with the kids (Actually; due to various wars, I, the teacher, was the youngest person in that class). There were refugees from 11 countries and about 27 wars in that class.

Best way to do this is to make a loud noise and produce something visible at a decent distance. Pull the bullet out of a round and replace it with soot. Works very well and is visible at more than a kilometre if you use enough soot (But not enough to plug the barrel). So off I go to the local cop shop. The head cop was a really nice guy. So I ask him if I can borrow an armed copper for an hour or two.

Head cop a bit surprised. "What do you want one of those for? Are your classes that bad?" Nope, says I. Here's what I want one for.

He can't sign off on a cop's time for that. But what he can do is give me a chit for the police armourer. To issue me with a Type 56 (Chinese AK-47 clone) and some ammo. Ask the armourer for some blanks. "What do you want blanks for?" Explain. But the thought of blowing away 30 out of the 40 from that class was rather tempting. They didn't do blanks. So I get 2 30 round mags and a quick course in how to make the thing go bang. And how to make it go bang a lot. Given 5 Red this was very tempting.

So here am I on my motorcycle driving the 16km back to the school I worked in. The problem was that any cop or soldier seeing a white person carrying a weapon would blow them away first then ask questions. The previous year the South African army had been 5km from where I worked - 160km inside the border...

Sitting on a Type 56 on a motorbike on a dirt road is not comfortable - but less uncomfortable than being shot.

There are days when I still regret not shooting some of that class....

Mulonda "Dennis" Lubende comes to mind. But he died of AIDS in 1999. As did every other male teacher I worked with back in 86.

My mental age is 5 and my real age is 40. I wish I was 5 again

25 years of age here :)

I had my 67th birthday about 2 1/2 months ago.

It's surprising there aren't more of us 'mature' folk hanging around here.

Cheers,
Angus

The age distribution looks like a normal distribution curve. The age distribution in the developed world is moving upwards, the UK age distribution looks like the chart on the left. Or at the top of this page.

If anyone feels like doing some charts the numbers are here.

If I tell you I am a female, do you trust me?

If your gender is more reliable than your lumens........yes.

LOL Good one Tas.

i'm 33 years old.

We are more than you think, but I cant beat the 67

That's no comfort to this 50 year old. Tonight I'm at least 150 years old. One of those Mondays!

I know exactly how you feel Don.

Whether or not you're the oldest at 66 isn't the real question ..the question is ..."How in the world do you be a member for 13 months and post only 9 times" ..and then ..why here ..why now ?? did the question of Age spark a response ?(pun intended ) or did you just figure out the keyboard was unplugged the whole time ?

wow i am smack in the middle group. seems like a good distribution of age. 33 here and still play with flashlight like 8.

If you're in the middle, I must be in "the old man's" group

Good place 2 be though. Plugging a double nickel (55) in a few months.

Three. Zero.

Three Zero.

3 0

I'm like a dinosaur. I've been around like forever.

33 here...

[quote=keltex78]

33 here...

[/quote]

I remember 33 ... 33 is cool ....

Jesus was 33 ..and then they killed him .. better keep a low profile for the next year or so ...

Hi alissa welcome to BLF

another 33 year old0:) :p