How to choose flashlight. Main things in simple words.

Thank you for the detailed answer! It’s been a long time since I could choose the right flashlight!

Simply put

it's a matter of weight, size, runtime, throw, output,beam shape , tint, cri ,balance and personal preference.

rechargable or where the switch is,anodization color etc are all pretty secondary . weight and usage will almost naturally dictate what cells are used .

Nice video addition, Lumeniac. :+1: Probably a bit on the heavy side for a newbie just looking for a decent LED flashlight, but for any budding enthusiast it’s a great place to start. I wish I’d had a video like this when I got started.

You have explained in a very simple manner and is very interesting to read.

This information has really helped a noobie like me.

Thank you.

Thanks for giving comprehensive information about this flashlight. It helps me to choose a better flashlight. Many questions have been solved for me in this discussion.

i;d just get a $15 convoy and figure out what i need different next time, it may be just fine

take a month with it

I use the K.I.S.S. principle.

1, Price
2. Both AA and 14500
3. Mode Memory.

!!

Great info here, excellent research, enjoyable reading!

That is an impressive collection of lights you have there my friend. And this is an impressive article you have put together. Thank you for taking the time to educate us all. It is much appreciated.