How to connect SST-90 Buck driver?

actually, doing it w/ fabric or fiberglass might be easier than molding. You've given me an excellent idea for AA battery pack I need to make:)

anyway, check out that site - not sure what they'd charge you for shipping, but over here their prices are great.

OK - first test w/ this driver. emitter is phlatlight pt-54, not sst-90, so I'm really not sure useful this info is...

but w/ a charged, relatively new 12V, 5AH sla, I got 5.17, 1.70 and .3A to the emitter. Strobe and SOS seem to be at full power.

the driver was tested w/o mounting and it felt warm after just 30 seconds on high.

it fits perfectly in a 1-1/4" (nibco) copper pipe cap - like it was custom made for mounting/potting it...

I'll try my 125ah deep cycle next, but maybe I need higher voltage to the driver to get higher current to emitter? The emitter data sheet says 9 is normal, 13.5 is max.

edit: checked DX page, my results seem to jive w/ other reports and it won't work w/ higher voltage. Probably get a half an amp w/o my thin little test leads in the circuit. Can't really complain for $9 I guess...

potted this driver with fujik thermal glue. powered it up and got a bit of light, switched modes a couple times then nothing. driver seems dead, emitter works if direct driven.

guess i shoulda bought the proper potting epoxy...