I am done with cheap Chinese multi-tools.

I understand completely. After such a mishap, my immediate response would be to blame the toolmaker or perhaps whomever set me upon the task during which I was injured. I’d consider other possible culprits as well. It usually takes awhile for me to consider my own clumsiness as a possible factor.

Just go for leatherman and you won’t be sorry. I have the charge tti and the wingman and I like both. The leatherman wave is probably the best allround choice.

Victorinox multitools are also verry nice, but not budget.

I personally have been carrying a Leatherman surge for years. I have broken it twice, and both times they gave me a new one after I shipped mine to them.

Surge is also very nice.

Everything I own I carry on my bicycle. After 100000 miles I have collected tools that work for me. https://farm8.static.flickr.com/7137/7122658997_354453fcf8_b.jpg

I have been using a pocket Ganzo for YEARS (had to blue locktite the screws) had a few owies…but got em with expensive stuff too.

I had an authentic Filipino butterfly knife that was sharpened by a Japanese knife maker here in the USA. He said the way to learn the knife is not to tape the blades when practicing, so you respect it before you pick it up. A few cuts later I stopped picking up knives.