I Just Bought The Ultimate Thrower

I might have to make my friend, who's a Costco member, take me in there one day to look at it, lol.

I would like to see a link to this light.

I just got done playing with this light even though it needs to charge another 13 hrs. It is pretty dang awesome. 400 meters is nothing for this light. It will light up my whole backyard and the neighbors next to me and the neighbors next to them. You get the drift.

You usually don't get that luxury with a wholesale club store like Costco because their website operates independently from the retail locations. Also, a product like this could simply be rebranded - or unbranded - for the company, just like it could be with Sam's Club, etc. Over a year ago the Vector POB HID spot light was eventually being blown out for like $20 or $30 from Sam's Club and some people were buying several just to turn around and resell them. It was EASY money and FAST. Mine was the Mozo Mega, which was literally the same light as the Titanium Innovations L35 that cost more than double. I think I could have sold it for more because it sold quite quickly on ebay with my BIN price. Some of these wholesale club store lights can be great deals compared to their cousins found at specialty shops.

No costcos in our area, only Sam's Club...dang it!

Even the 4-Grouped LED portion of that light is really nice. I'm not sure how long they'll last on a full charge, probably like 30 hours or something, but they are even pretty bright in total darkness, surely enough to change a tire with or something like that...

Here's a couple of beamshots. I will try and do some farther ones later.

85yds

This one is about 30yds.

But did it came with a pocket clip?

I don't think there's a clip for it but there is a holster for edc use.

Mmm I already have a similar holster, but it's missing the light so...

No but it did come with a set of coaster wheels to roll it down to the neighbors.

So this must be your walking the dog light? :slight_smile:

Walking I do not know but making a saint bernard shrink into a chihuahua probably yes!

If you want to learn about spot lights then CPF user ma_sha1 can certainly educate you. That's where I picked up some knowledge and chose the Mozo Mega. He's done extensive lux tests and you'll quickly learn the xxx-million candle power figures are all marketing hype and are nowhere near accurate in describing the luminance and power of these spot lights. I think he concluded the Mega put out something like 430,000 lux at one meter.

Here's some pretty good shots from this light.

Here's approx a 360yd shot to that barn I zoomed in a little with my camera.

Here's one about 110yds. I think this is so cool.

And here's a closer zoom in on the shot above at 110yds.

I did my routine Costco run today and made sure to check out the 11" spot light again. I regret to inform you it's a Halogen. Boooooo Move along.. nothing to see here.

Kind of lame they'd bother pushing this when they've already sold HID spot lights in years past.

I've got the same light. The throw is ridiculous. OP - take it somwhere that you can see a few hundred yards and you'll be even more stunned.

The bezel can be removed by simply rotating it a couple inches. When you put it back on, be sure it is snug.

I removed mine and used some test leads to get it away from the body farther and experimented with the bulb position. The bulb housing had a slight curve to the base - part that rests against the reflector. I flattened that curve, effectively moving the bulb a couple millimeters further forward and this significantly focused the hot spot.

If you try it, you might find yours doesn't need it...or may even work better w/ a spacer instead of closer. Just be sure not to touch the bulb, even when its off!

Awesome light - and the LED area lights, and ability to charge USB devices from the light, make the light much more versatile than the average incan spotlight...

nice light i have a something that looks close but its only halogen bulb

huge heavy battery

actualy now that i think about it might make for one crazy mod

I'm telling ya.. hit up ma_sha1 at CPF for any of your spot light concerns and/or mods. He seems to be the internet forums spot light guru. I think he finished one mod that put his light somewhere around 1.5 million lux! He even got over half million out of the 4" Mozo. If you're curious, he might already be familiar with your light and might have an idea what kind of lux/cp it puts out. Just for fun. A lot of these big box spot lights are simply rebadged from other well known brands.

Yeah...ma_sha maintains a throw/lux table of some lights. I have mine in there too.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?311939-Consolidated-Short-Arc-amp-HID-spotlight-Lux-readings

He wrote DX meter, my readings are uncorrected. They are easily 10% higher in the real world. Didn't get to measure at 50m, perhaps can get another 10% more.