If you could design a flashlight right now.. what would you design? / future flashlight wishlist.

My truck is my office and toolbox so I have at least 15 lights in there at all times - headlamps for climbing around in attics, flooders, throwers, pocket rockets, and edc backups. I understand that most peoples’ vehicles aren’t as large or full of tools as my F150 but I just love to have variety.

A BLF AA/14500 light would be pretty awesome. I have a Reylight LAN Ti which is pretty good but I would love to have Andruil and a smaller size which should be pretty easy for this community.

Honestly if i was very concerned about runtime, which I am not. i would like to see someone do a high quality LED Dyno torch.
you know one of those flashlights you used to have as a kid which lit up when you squeezed the handle every so often. that would be great.
I expect that the runtime without squeezing/cranking might not even be too bad with modern LEDs.
I myself don’t EDC a AA but an 18650 light (the D4) i would im interested to see what insane runtimes we can get to if we design a flashlight around your noted specs though. it might even tempt me into ordering another AA light ( I currently have the SP10S coming soonTM) also i find your death penalty for long press to turn off rather harsh, I really don’t mind it myself honestly i just dislike clickies in general now that i have been spoiled by a few lights with Toykeepers anduril and rampingios but if its gonna be a clicky i don’t mind long press for off as it makes navigating it a bit easier. though i would prefer if they used long click to switch modes and short clicks to turn off. I do believe people that release flashlights with high ride clips should be rounded up though.

I suppose having a ‘truck’ has its perks over the average European sports car :stuck_out_tongue:

18650 is fine with me, I will take any of those battery choices. Just been wanting a great AA and what I want doesn’t exist. You can get much closer to it in 18650, so less of a priority for me that’s all.

The penalty for dissenters isn’t any better :smiley:

Hahaha love it :laughing:

this comes up time and again
many people want many things

here is mine:
CR123a/16340 battery
anduril
as small as possible

do not care about
tint
high lumens
charging
magnets
lanyards

actually the best anduril feature is the ramping
i could live without the other stuff if i had to

wle

Are you me? (lol)

I work in IT, but I do everything from sysadmin work (day job) to low voltage cabling (contract work). The other day I had to do some of the latter at my day job and it amazes people that I have so many tools in my truck. Cable test equipment? check! SDS rotary hammer? check! Spare routers and server parts? check! I have it all neatly packed and organized under and behind the back seat and most days it could carry 5 full size adults in addition to the tools/equipment. F150 Supercrew FTW.

I can get by 90% of the time with just my brain and the internet, but for the other 10% it is nice to be prepared with the right tools.

I prefer floody headlamps and area lighting for when I have to work in attics or server closets. I find 90+ CRI beneficial for discerning between colors with cabling. I keep a small light in my pocketwatch pocket (currently an FW3CuTi) most of the time and a few other lights in the backpack I usually carry.

Hands free, durable, battery powered area lighting is a market that I think could use some innovation. I’m WAY excited for the LT1, but I might like it too much to use it for some of the work I do. The stuff available from the standard tool makers is usually disappointing (Dewalt, Milwaukee, Hitachi, Bosch, etc).

I prefer multi-emitter, Anduril controlled, lumen monsters. I don’t typically run them at or near turbo, and I find they do OK in the run-time dept. I have a modded Convoy H1 that I used recently while working in a dark building for about 6-7 hours and it was bright enough for long enough to get the job done.

I would love a small AA/14500 right angle headlamp with a good floody emitter/TIR combo, 90+ CRI, long run-time (buck-boost?), and Anduril. I think some Zebralight offerings would probably deliver most of that, but I want options, mod-ability, and Anduril.

I’m very much like you . . . Minus the “neat and tidy” part. Lol. This summer was too hot to clean/organize the truck and now I’m too busy. It’s at the top of my list though.

"If you could design a flashlight right now.. what would you design? / future flashlight wishlist."

1. MMU-X3 with three XHP35.

2. Same as above, but slimmed down to take 21700.

User interface to allow a very low mode, and a turbo max mode, as well as routine modes.

I would love to see a single emitter 14500 light with anduril, leds under a recessed side switch. Would want the top end lowered a little bit.

Other wish… afordable 21700 based P60 would be nice as well.

I agree the AA segment is really lacking just now

I would like AA, LH351D in 4000k 95CRI current regulated, tail e switch with ramping. TIR lens, max 300lumen.

A bit like:

Body of D25A, driver of SC53 with Unicorn 1.0 TIR and LED

YES, been wanting one for a few years now. Double o-rings, and exact head threads for all my other heads and bezels.

I recently ordered the SP10s, I have pretty high hopes for that little light. The only thing I don’t like about the description of it is the lack of ramping. From what I heard it’s also less efficient than the sp10v2

Indeed, we need some lights like this!